[matilda] 6am etc etc late events etc etc

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 12:12:34 GMT 2006

Helen> Steve also talks about selfish motives and the need to
Helen> satisfy ones own desires. well as no party collective
Helen> has been formed and parties keep coming to the gig
Helen> collective we hold up a hearty two fingers and say
Helen> 'your parties are shit and full of boring munters'
Helen> fuck off and do em in a squat cos we cant be arsed
Helen> with em you fucking addicts.

I totally respect and understand the gig collectives' refusal to put
on events that they're not into. Why put time and energy into
something you see as 'shit party' for people you see as boring
munters?

I wouldn't get involved in putting on punk events coz I'm not into
those. As I've said I definitely don't think anyone should be doing
stuff at Matilda out of obligation or guilt.

If you can't be arsed with such events then fine, no one is asking you
to. I can't be arsed with punk events either. I won't say they're shit
but they're simply not my thing. However I'm not trying to stop you
from putting them on. I'm not saying I don't like them so fuck off and
do them in a squat. However if that is your attitude I might be
tempted to just to make a point. The point being that if we all try to
stop one another doing stuff at Matilda that we, personally, don't
like, then very little will get done at all.

One natural way of limiting events at Matilda will be if no collective
wants to take an event on then it simply won't happen. The gig
collective don't want to take the artist party on but the ketamine
collective are willing to.

Why can't people simply be happy that some people are using the space
in a way that at least makes them happy.

Where has all the negativity at Matilda come from? My guess is that it
from the sense of obligation and guilt that seems to be around but I'd
be interested to hear what others think.

steve