[matilda] AAARG and Bike Workshop

Gareth Hallam fifteen_counts at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 12:37:52 GMT 2006

now then...

new to the list and all that jazz, but anyway i've got a couple of
suggestions and they are:

Anti-Authoritarians Anonymous Reading Group (AAARG): meeting to talk about
Ward Churchill's 75 page pamphlet called 'Pacifism as Pathology' on Jan
25th 7.30 at Matilda...hopefully should be pretty good, its a classic book
and controversional enough that we won't all be asleep at the end of the
evening....

the other thing is i'd like to get a bike workshop collective going, i've
got the tools and the knowledge that want to be shared to fix all kinds of
bikes without engines and rather that knowledge be stored in my brain i'd
like it to be shared, ideas about getting free bikes and maiking them road
worthy etc, or just a place where people can bring down their poorly
trusty stead and someone can give it a servicing (ahem)...if you want to
get involved give me a shout on email or at Brambles 2731978...

ta and all that,

'Here then is the man outside our people, outside our humanity. He is continually starving, nothing belongs to him but the instant, the prolonged instant of torture...he always has one thing; his suffering, but there is nothing on the entire face of the earth that could serve as a remedy for him, there is no ground on which to plant his two feet, no support for his two hands to grasp, and thus there is so much less for him than there there is for the music-hall trapeze artist who is at least hanging by a thread. - Franz Kafka