[matilda] how about a food co-op?

armchair hippy armchairhippy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 18:52:18 GMT 2006

Been thinking for a while about this idea for Matilda... Only problem i can see is how we get the money for it to buy the stock, or maybe other people have ideas, contacts on how to do this succesfully from scratch.

 But, if small packs of basics were bought from Lembas (small as in 1Kg packs to save on the hassle and hygiene of divi-ing it up from bulk) they could be marked up 10% on what we paid for to cover costs. The "shop" could then be open one afternoon (or more) a week to you on this list and everybody else as well - by opening to anyone on the street, through the other double doors used during Art05, have it in one of the rooms and lock it up afterwards.

 Foodstuff's priceswould rival the supermarket, this is not just practical for us and the wider customer but buying food like this (and eating it!) is educational too.

 Just an idea, so i'm putting this in proposal-speak. Though i would be more than happy if anyone else felt they had the know-how and ingenuity to help start this up, or someone took the idea and did it themselves.  This building has the space to do it, a lot of people have the need for it and i would definately support it - both financially and with my time as well.

 A. hippy