[matilda] Don't want to sound negative but: f..king Hypocrites

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Tue Jan 10 11:34:05 GMT 2006

Yesterday Eve Wood from http://sheffieldvision.com came to Matilda to ask
to use our space to film http://richardhawley.co.uk/ the deal was to give
Matilda a donation and an offer of film and photographic workshops in
exchange for the use of the space:

This was taken to the Monday Matilda meeting from myself 0742 who had
spoken to Eve during Monday 9 1 06:

It was rejected on the basis of that http://richardhawley.co.uk/ was on
http://mute.com and would gain far more than Matilda would out of this:

I know Richard Hawley and by no strech is he a rich pop star. He has
worked off his bollocks over the years his current success is due to the
very hard work of himself and, i feel, a well deserved success:

The only gain would have been for Matilda not for
http://sheffieldvision.com and neither Richard Hawley:

However on The 23 12 05 NTA made over 800 pounds taking 400 of that for
themselves yes Matilda has gained:

But what we need to ask ourselves why is it cool for NTA to gain but not
Richard Hawley and Eve Wood?

The prposed film i feel would have been more of a benefit for Matilda than
the NTA event which only left the space in a mess for over a week think
for a while The LTT had to enter and leave through this mess for the week
it took to clean up (there is still mess from that event):

The NTA event was just a whole negative for Matilda however filming
Richard Hawley at Matilda would have far more benefits than the NTA event
however all we gain is 400 pounds for all the hassle NTA walk off with 400
pounds plus the other gains:

I can not see any real problem with having Richard Hawley use Matilda and
as i said before i objected to the NTA event i also object strongly to
decision not to let Richard Hawley and Eve Wood use the space:

In words there are some f..king Hypocrites: at Matilda and while one is
still happy to work for the wider benefit of The Matilda community i have
to express my anger at last nights meeting:

I'll talk more about the meeting and descions taken when they're placed
onto this list:

One Love, as allways
0742: