[matilda] Delayed on future of parties at Matilda and delicious rat soup

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Sun Jan 15 01:38:13 GMT 2006

> Lastly, i would like to say that i think that it is a terrible idea to
> stop booking events for matilda.  I dont see how having a big meeting
> dominated by the same personalities will increase participation.  I think
> that this idea will divert our attention away from actually doing stuff
> and towards talking about doing stuff.

Whomever said this piece, i agree, and further: an issue as important as
this in terms of Matilda's income needs to be discussed in depth , a
decision can't be made just on one Monday meeting i'm afraid. So why not
making another poll on the web site, on the subject of big parties and
what persons wish for the future in relation to parties, big, small and
music scene in general in Matilda?

About the "rat soup", just to embrace the rat-loving trend, in view of
the general charges against poultry and poor cows before, now how could
we live in a world without birds?
If it is us humans who are creating now the plagues and the trouble.
Being fond of rats doesn't mean that we couldn't consider the
possibility of having some tom cats as inhabitants as well as a couple
of dogs, as guardians etc. Some dogs are also rat hunters i'm told.
Anyway if cats are voted for, the difficult part is to get hold of cats
in Sheffield, if someone knows how to do it let me know.

Amp