[matilda] follow up from tuesday's meeting

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Thu Jan 19 17:34:13 GMT 2006

I have two quick points to make:
1. At the meeting rocky had a proposal to not allow any more music based
late-night events on friday and saturday.  Due to the attention we have
gained from the police at the last two events it looks like the police
know whats going on and as such if we carry on going as we are then the
authorities will shut us down.  I requested that we didnt pass that
propoal untill the gig space collective had a chance to talk about it and
make a decision.  I understand that we cant have parties at matilda
anymore because they are too difficult to manage, However i don't want to
stop any gigs from happening, especially the ones that are already booked.

So i request that for the next meeting we must make a decision about the
future of gigs, funraisers and parties so that anyone who plans to put on
an an event of that nature knows sooner rather than later.

2.  I am concerned that agreements made by the matilda collective at
previous meetings are being undermined informally.  I personally dont mind
if we change our position on an issue but i dont think that it is
acceptable for people to underminde our decision making proccess by
unilaterally making (or breaking) what is effectively a policy decision
and not going through our agreed channels.

from
cuthbert