[matilda] follow up from tuesday's meeting

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 19:24:06 GMT 2006

cuthbert> So i request that for the next meeting we must make a
cuthbert> decision about the future of gigs, funraisers and parties so
cuthbert> that anyone who plans to put on an an event of that nature
cuthbert> knows sooner rather than later.

At the meeting before last it was decided that future events were the
responsibility of each collective. Therefore the gig collective can
make it's own decision regarding its events.

The only big party I know of coming up is the Indymedia one so I guess
we'll have a chat about how to manage it etc.

The chance of getting anything like this agreed in a 45 minute session
is going to be near impossible (unless almost no one turns up).

It could take months to come up with something. I've been trying to
discuss the problems with Monday meetings at Monday meetings since
NOvember and still haven't got anywhere. That discussion is also
scheduled to take place next Monday too and could be quite lengthy.

So overall I think leave it to the collectives to work out.

cuthbert> 2.  I am concerned that agreements made by the matilda
cuthbert> collective at previous meetings are being undermined
cuthbert> informally.  I personally dont mind if we change our
cuthbert> position on an issue but i dont think that it is acceptable
cuthbert> for people to underminde our decision making proccess by
cuthbert> unilaterally making (or breaking) what is effectively a
cuthbert> policy decision and not going through our agreed channels.

Someone got hit at the last party thus undermining the agreement on no
non consenusual violence. It wasn't a big deal Cuthbert, just a heated
moment. Whilst I agree in spirit with this principle, in practice it's
going to be pretty hard to enforce. However I still think it's worth
having as it gives us some legitimacy in breaking up fights if needed,
kicking people out etc..

steve