[matilda] Draft call-out

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Jun 20 13:24:46 BST 2006

Allo

Text of call-out here.  If there's no responses in, say, two hours, I'll
send again and ask folk to disseminate widely / stick up on Indymedia.

Rosie's gonna make a flyer version...

KEEP MATILDA ALIVE!

COME TO THE DEMONSTRATION OUTSIDE COURT THIS THURSDAY

In the last twelve months, MATILDA have turned an abandoned building
into a thriving social centre. For a year we have put on performances,
film showings and exhibitions, as well as providing much needed working
and meeting space for local artists and activists.

This week, we are fighting eviction – and will be demonstrating outside
court to support those inside.

MATILDA needs your support too!  The court case will be heard on
Thursday 22nd June, 10:30am
at Sheffield County Court
The Law Courts, 50 West Bar, Sheffield, S3 8PH.

The demonstration in support of MATILDA will take place outside the
court at the same time.

If evicted, the building will stand empty for at least two years.
Currently, there is no planned development for the site.  We are asking
Yorkshire Forward, to let us stay - at least until they know when the
site will be re-developed.

So – if you've ever been to a gig / film night / art showing / Thursday
social / meeting / bike workshop / clown training or anything else, and
you want to see MATILDA carry on –

get to the demo on Thursday at 10:30!

Questions?  Contact (contact details supplied)