[matilda] Moving the Indymedia film screenings to SIF - help needed!

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Sat Jun 24 13:48:35 BST 2006

Hi

We are going to have to relocate the "Summer of Truth" and
we have booked Sheffield Independent Film which is around
the corner at 5 Brown Steet, across the road from
Spearmint Rhino:

- http://www.sifmedia.org.uk/

- http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?local=h&scale=5000&title=Map&pc=S12BS&icon=x

- http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=S1+2BS&ie=UTF8&ll=53.377953,-1.466889&spn=0.004365,0.018089&om=1

It's going to cost £50 per screening (the initial quote
was for £180 per night but with us providing the projector
and PA and Joe doing the door they dropped the price) so
we are going to have to try to cover this with donations
and perhaps selling refreshments (we have been told by SIF
that we can't sell booze).

There are lots of things we need to sort out and perhaps
we could do with a meeting this week (Wednesday or
Thursday night or something?)...

These are some of the things I can think of that need
doing, if anyone can volunteer to take any of these on it
would really help!

- Updating the Matilda and Indymedia web sites (I can sort
  this).

- Printing some small stickers to go over the Matilda
  address on the flyers we have left.

- Posters, there is one here:
  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2006/05/341703.html?c=on#c148992
  I'll see if I can get the person who designed it to
  update it. We would then need to get some printed and
  distributed...

- Directions for SIF to put on the front of Matilda.

- Projector - someone will need to book and then collect
  this from the Drum on Friday (Nick?).

- PA - does anyone have one that could be used?

- Banner / sandwich board for outside SIF - perhaps
  something to use on the screening nights could be made
  in Matilda before we are evicted?

- Refreshments - could some people from the Matilda Cafe
  Collective help with this?

- Press - I'll take on emailing out a press release.

- Help on the nights - we are going to need people to help
  with setting up, chairs etc, and with the door for each
  night, I guess we should start to set up at 5ish.

I expect there are other things I have forgotten...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World