[matilda] 2 YF things

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Mar 23 15:18:20 GMT 2006

It won't happen as quick as all that.  They're not going to just say,
"right - make it all legal, right now, or yer out."  It'll be a slow
process.

I mean, at the minute, I'm working with a new guy at Ethical Property -
we're just trying to get our three buildings in the North up to speed on
all the legal stuff and, because of a lengthy handover, there's loads we
haven't been doing.  No-one's come and shut us down!  Well... we are the
landlords, so that'd be hard...

It all depends on their attitude, and we shouldn't be over-reacting at
this point: saying things like "its highly likely that H&S would shut
down the cafe" just isn't true.  YF have hired a H&S consultant to try
and get things regularised, is all.

> In my opinion the more information that we give to yf the more likely they
> are going to want to shut us down.  I think that our major challenge will
> not be we can talk the talk to yf but whether we can delay yf and if in
> the meantime we can do enough work on the building to make it ship shape.

We can't afford to make it ship-shape - and neither will that be our
job.  Its the landlord's job.  (Unless we take on that liability in a
lease which, of course, we won't!)

> However i would still like to know more about the yf visit and the health
> and safety regulations they are judging us on.

They're not judging MATILDA at all, right now - just LTT.  Its a case of
wait n see at the moment.