[matilda] [Fwd: [coyote-l] The Great Los Angeles March Against Racism: Estimates are between 500, 000 and 2 million people.]

fabian fab at in-no.org
Tue Mar 28 13:09:32 BST 2006

The Great Los Angeles March Against Racism: An Indigenous Perspective
by Manuel A., Mexica Movement Sunday, Mar. 26, 2006 at 9:50 PM

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2006/03/151648.php?theme=default

The largest march in Los Angeles history; Indigenous People protest racism
against them and their rights. Estimates are between 500,000 and 2 million
people.

They came by car.
They came by bus, trains, planes, and simply by walking.

Young, old, and families alike...they came. And afterwards, the debate over
"Mexican and Central American immigration" would never be the same again.

In a tremendous show of collective resistance, an estimated 2 million people
(police downplay it to 500,000) marched through the streets of downtown Los
Angeles to protest HR 4437, the racist "Sensenbrenner Bill", which seeks to
felonize and imprison Mexicans and Central Americans (Indigenous People) who
are "without papers" on their own continent.

"This is our land, and we're not going!"

The march was the largest in Los Angeles history.
--
_:/^/<>