[matilda] Anarchy theory group Not the reading list

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Nov 12 23:06:20 GMT 2006

Meeting tonight talked about some of Larry Laws spectacular times pamphlets.
(Thames Valley Anarchists in the '80's)

I forget which ones were discussed.. though they are available on line here

http://cornersoul.com/spectaculartimes.html
 and
http://aland.burngreave.net/personal/spectaculartimes/cornersoul.com/spectaculartimes.html

My favourites were

Bigger Cages Longer Chains
http://cornersoul.com/biggercages.html

and

Revolutionary Self Theory
http://cornersoul.com/revolutionary.html

But they are all a cracking read.

Also talking about tribalism and affinity groups

Anti-Mass: Methods of Organization for Collectives
http://www.batko.se/en_issue2_ch11.php

Briefly mentioned was "The implosion of the Social in the Media" jean
Baudrillard which I have in a collected works on Anarchy and Technology
somewhere.. which is not too difficult but actually quite depressing example of
post modern hyperbole and Baudrillards reactionary viewpoints ( or rather
leaves little space for conventional radical mass movements to get in there
)... though in a world of "reality tv" i guess  reality involves watchin a lot
more tv ;-)

Catch you on a screen somewhere .. if not in person first

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla
cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality