[matilda] WAR (What Is It Good For) is number 6! Make it No.1

ruhul ruhul at blink.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 23:30:21 GMT 2007

 Tony Blair and STOP THE WAR COALITION's single WAR (What Is It Good
For) has reached number 6 in the UK charts within a few days of its
release.

 The record features our beloved Prime Minister and his old
university band, Ugly Rumours, to see his full music video check out
this link <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydt0SL5rYow>

 The track is being released to highlight the 4th anniversary of the
war in Iraq which falls on March 19th.

 If you want to show your support for Peace you can buy the song by
texting the word
PEACE1
 to 78789. (you will be sent a text with
instructions on how you can download the track)

 The song costs £1.50 with all profits going to the STOP THE WAR
COALITION. If you want to know more you can go to
http://www.uglyrumours.com
 or email uglyrumours at btinternet.com
<mailto:uglyrumours at btinternet.com>

 A number one will embarass Blair and highlight the plight of those
in the Middle East so please take two minutes to purchase the track
for this worthy cause and forward this email with the video link to
all your friends.

BBC BAN BLAIR

The BBC have banned the hit single War, which features a Tony Blair
lookalike in the accompanying video, over fears that its pro-peace
message will offend the government. This is our cue to make it number
one and then they will have to play it. Already national news have
shown footage of the enormous anti-wart demonstration last Saturday,
which they did not show at the time of the event!!

The record, by the band Ugly Rumours (Blairs college band), is
currently Number Six in the UK single chart and is expected to vie
with Take That for the top spot this Sunday. The song, and the video,
have already featured in a local BBC news programme and the single was
the and finally spot on last nights ITV news. It has created
enormous interest around the world. And has been played and broadcast
on TV stations from Damascus to Mexico City.

The BBC Radio One Newsbeat programme was due to record a package
about the single today, but pulled out at the last minute, claiming
that the record was not newsworthy. However, sources at the highest
level within the BBC have privately confirmed that a banning order has
been instituted.

The record joins others bizarrely banned by the Bush and Blair
Corporation, such as Something In The Air Tonight and Walk Like An
Egyptian, both censored by the BBC during the first Gulf War. And in
the second Gulf War a leaked memo by the corporations head of news,
Richard Sambrooke, told staff that too many extreme anti-war views
were being aired.

Tony Blair (the singer) said: I may have taken the country to war on
a pack of lies, but when I now try to push the message about world
peace I_m gagged. Where is Alastair when I need him?_

Respect MP George Galloway, who features on the video along with Tony
Blairs (the exiting Prime Minister) sister-in-law Lauren Booth
demanded that the record was reinstated on the playlist and that a
statement be made by the director-general about why the BBC is
censoring one of the countrys most popular songs.

This lickspittle BBC has a deplorable record of toadying to the
government. Lets not forget that only three people have lost their
jobs over the war, two of them BBC employees, Galloway said, and
not one government minister has paid the price for sending us into
this illegal and immoral war. I will be raising this in parliament
and I am writing to the director-general, if he isnt too busy
visiting the chic restaurants in Manchester, demanding an explanation
and the dropping of this banning order.

Galloway added that he would asking the sacked BBC employee Andrew
Gilligan - whose reports have been entirely vindicated by history -
to take part in Ugly Rumours follow-up single and video.