[matilda] Climate Camp in Bath

julie w juliewhite75 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 19:26:09 GMT 2007

Hi
This is to let you know of a Climate Camp being set up in near Bath. The
Camp will be active from late afternoon on Thursady the 19th of april and
will run until sunday the 22nd. Amongst other activities, there will be 2
big actions -
*Shut down Land and Marine - Friday 20th April - all day - Land and Marine
are responsible for building a 125 mile long gas pipeline through Wales,
destroying numerous green spaces and wildlife habitats including the Brecon
Beacons, and we have their head offices here in Bath. Resistance to the
pipeline has been strong in Wales, so this is a great opportunity to show
our opposition, and make sure that Land and Marine know how we feel! The
protest is open to all individuals and autonomous groups, whether you want
to blockade, leaflet, make music, perform street theatre or a bit of each!
Find out more about Land and Marine at
www.risingtide.org.uk/bristol/pipeline
*Party against petrol - Saturday 20th of April - meet at 11 at Bath Climate
Camp or 12 at bath Abbey. A colourful carnival/protest against fossil fuels
and car culture. the party will include music, street theatre and a kids
bloc. The party will take creative action against some of the worst
polluters of the planet!

The camp will be 100% eco-friendly and will have something for everyone.
Activities will include - *An ethical kitchen serving breakfast and dinner
for low donations *Evening entertainment featuring local acts and a chilled
out soundsystem *Workshops and DIY sessions including - making stuff from
'junk', eating and the environment, green housing and more. *A kids zone,
ran by experienced childcarers featuring activities such as poi dancing
lessons (a tribal dance native to New Zealand), including a workshop where
the children are taught how to make their own poi, face-painting and games.
      Attending the camp does not necessarily mean attending the protests
(although the more the merrier!). If you just want to come along and enjoy
the atmosphere, learn about eco-living, talk to other activists or take part
in the workshops, you are more than welcome. this is also not a local event,
so just 'cos you're not from Bath, it doesn't mean you shouldn't come! You
can find the camp if you follow Lower Bristol Road until it meets the A4
towards Bristol, and we should be pretty visible! For any questions, or if
you would like any info, or to help us publicise the camp, please e-mail
bathclimatecamp at yahoo.co.uk
www.myspace.com/bathclimatecamp

posters/flyers will be e-mailed out in pdf as soon as we have them. If you
want paper copies, say how many, and e-mail an address and we'll send them
out to you a.s.a.p.

Cheers
Jon & Bath Climate Camp