[matilda] [ssf] Turning Words into Action on Climate Change

Jenny Patient jenny.patient at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 13:03:34 GMT 2007

Who is lying to you?

Which poor are you talking about?

"Implementing sustainability is daunting for the 'golden billion' that is
blessed with unprecedented personal wealth and material abundance, since the
current situation provides them with comfortable lives, while their
privileges might be called in question if the world adopts a sustainable
path. It is also daunting for the other 5 billion members of humanity, since
they lack resources for mobilizing development that does not liquidate
natural and social assets." Matthis Wackernagel 2001

Jen