[matilda] April 1, 2008 is Fossil Fools Day

Rising Tide info at risingtide.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 15:41:17 GMT 2008

***Please forward far and wide!***
(and email info at risingtide.org.uk if you’d like more info/resources)

The international Rising Tide network and its allies are calling for a day
of action against the fossil fuel industry on April 1st, 2008...

FOSSIL FOOLS DAY, April 1st 2008
Pull a prank that packs a punch.

Roll up, roll up! The climate circus is in town. Climate change threatens
our very survival, but the fools at the head of the fossil fuel empire
continue to plunder the earth, with governments the willing court jesters
at their side.

They would have us believe that we can escape climate change with
techno-fixes, market mechanisms and offset schemes – all technocratic
acrobatics that distract us from the truth: the only real solution to
climate change is to keep fossil fuels in the ground.

For over a century the fossil fuel industry has been fooling with our
lives. From extraction to combustion they have poisoned our air, polluted
our water and ruined our climate. On April 1st, 2008, we’re going to turn
the tables and show them who the real fools are.

Find a local fossil fool – the coal-mining clown, the offset
contortionist, the aviator tripping on the high wire, the supermarket food
mile freak show, the oily strong man, or any other fool that deserves your
attention – and take direct action to end the fossil fuel empire.

On Fossil Fools Day, bring the spirit of carnival and mischief to the
fight for climate justice.

www.fossilfoolsday.org (for great action ideas and resources!)
www.risingtide.org.uk

3 Months, 3 Days of Action
April 1st, Fossil Fuels – May 1st, False Capitalist Solutions – June, Food
and Climate Change
www.networkforclimateaction.org.uk

Rising Tide UK,
c/o 62 Fieldgate Street,