[noborders-brum] [Fwd: Proposal from London No Borders 4 a gathering]

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Mon Feb 6 16:20:11 UTC 2006

Subject: Proposal from London No Borders 4 a gathering
From:    "sara b" <sara_b37 at hotmail.com>
Date:    Mon, February 6, 2006 7:45 am
To:      noborders-glasgow at riseup.net
         sheffield-noborders at lists.aktivix.org
         sheffcdas at btinternet.com
         noborderswales at riseup.net
         katieplum75 at yahoo.co.uk
         shiar at riseup.net

PLEASE FORWARD TO OTHER NO BORDERS GROUPS

We discussed at the last meeting of No Borders (London) to circulate a
proposal amongst No Borders groups around the country to all meet up for a
gathering.

Over the past year, new groups have formed using the name/banner "No
Borders" and therefore will feel that, though informal, we can potentially
create a relationship with different groups with the view of strengthening
the resistance and level of agititation against the Border regimes,
restrictions of movement and all deportations.

During the last few months since London No Borders was formed we have been
attempting to develop a political strategy which encompasses the following:

1.Detainee support group (providing access to good lawyers, bail surities,
money, visiting, actions)
2.Defiance NOT Compliance (supporting workers who resist the states plans to
enforce internal border controls in services and the workplace - social
services/housing/healthcare/education..etc)
3 Close down detention centres & reporting centres (support anti-detention
centre campaigns).
4.Global/European co-ordination (contributing to networks like Frassinito,
participating in international days of action and previous calls for
action).

Some of our ideas and activities have been inspired by other No Borders
groups in the UK and we feel that any communication which can be developed
would aid what we are all doing. In addition we would like to construct a
forum which we can present some ideas for a unified day of actions in the UK
this April.

GATHERING IDEAS:

As this is just an intialy "feeler" for such a gathering we thought the
first step was to suggest a possible date & location.  We hope to be able to
work on a structure together with other groups, with workshops and
discussions that encompass our political structure and enable us to move
forward to tak eaction, and with the additional aim of welcoming those with
an interest in becomming involved in No Borders activity.

Sat 4th/Sun 5th March or Sat 11th/Sun 12th March

Location:

Ex-SSEES Occupied Social Centre - Central London

We welcome any responses or suggestions from other No Borders groups.

--
Shiar