[noborders-brum] Olive Mukariaguwiza -struggle continues

Steve Cohen raysteve at cohen70.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 22:21:33 UTC 2006

For two days many people have been involved in stopping or defering the deportation of Olive and family to Rwanda. This has been a (partial) success! We managed to stop the airline taking of - with the support of the pilot! Olive and family though are now back in detention at Yarls Wood. So the struggle continues. Over the next couple of days we want to renew the pressure on Hazel Blears MP. As a Home Office minister she could be doing much more than she is. We want everyone to email her (blearsh at parliament.uk)  and ring her office (0161 925 0705). We would also ask you to get all organisations - trade unions etc - to do the same immediately. And do circxulate this email. The points to briefly make to Blears are 1) the idea that the family will be safe from domestic abuse if they lived elsewhere in Rwanda is ridiculous seeing the husband/fatther has pursued them before ii) Sandra is just about to finish her A levels at Pendleton College and her brother is just about to finish his IT course iii) Olive is obviously now in a distresed and suicidal state - which is one of the reasoms the pilot refused to fly the family. iv)
 Blears sees the Home Secretary regularly on all other matters. She should see him urgently now on Olive's behalf.

Cheers Steve Cohen