[noborders-brum] No Borders UK Gathering in Glasgow: CONFIRMED

noborders-glasgow noborders-glasgow at riseup.net
Thu Jan 25 09:09:19 UTC 2007

Okay all, this is to confirm that the gathering will take place IN GLASGOW
ON THE WEEKEND OF 10/11 MARCH 2007.

Venue is confirmed, help is at hand, but any support from anyone would be
much appreciated.

Pasted below is resend info from before, on suggested things we need to get
talking about beforehand. GET IN TOUCH.

In addition, it would help to know about interpreting requirements
beforehand. We have already had volunteer offer from Voice Forum, we can
arrange some more, but need to know what languages people need, and what
interpreting you are able to supply. GET IN TOUCH.

If anyone is going to be at the No Borders film festival in Newcastle this
weekend, perhaps we can have a meeting about the Glasgow conference? GET IN
TOUCH.

So, lets make this happen. Glasgow in the springtime is truly a beauty to
behold, so book yer cheap train tickets now (e.g. you could get the sleeper
from London on Friday night for £24.50 if you book now. But that's a single,
so you might have to stay forever)

Please, let us know soon if you are intending to come, what assistance you
may need that we might be able to help with (no guarantees, except a
fully-accessible venue and a weekend of debate, information sharing,
learning, mutual aid and practical solidarity, with a chance for direct
action if required) GET IN TOUCH.

In solidarity,

Glasgow No Borders
(did I say GET IN TOUCH?)

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

PREVIOUSLY POSTED BUT NOT RESPONDED TO...

People have already put together a draft agenda, from the Leeds email pasted
below and on the Make Borders History wiki at www.makebordershistory.org .
There are also regular actions in Glasgow, so there is a good chance there
will be opportunity to join/initiate one (although it may be very early in
the morning...)

We have had had a few people from No Border networks intimating that they
would be happy to come to Glasgow for this gathering. What we need to know
now is:

- How many people are up for travelling to Glasgow for this gathering?

- What dates are suitable or unsuitable?

If Glasgow is confirmed and a date is set...

- How many people are definitely coming and how many need accommodation?

- Who wants to do workshops?

-  does anyone need childcare? If so, where do we get money to hire a mobile
crèche?

- can people contribute to cover costs for food on the two days?

- And (particularly people in Scotland), who will volunteer to assist with
organisation, publicity, helping at the event?

Please pass this on to relevant groups, networks and individuals, and get
back to us at this email address as soon as you can.

In solidarity,

Glasgow No Borders