[noborders-brum] Solidarity demo against police raids on g8 activists

phunkee phunkee at aktivix.org
Wed May 9 16:02:31 UTC 2007

see http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/05/370167.html

This morning (wednesday may 9th) police raided about 40 places in
Germany, including several social centres and several private homes in
Berlin and Hamburg as well as the alternative web provider so36.net .
Police forces searched the "Rote Flora" in Hamburg as well as parts of
the "Bethanien" in Berlin, both places planned to be decentralised
convergence spaces for the G8 protest.

We want to show solidarity with the German movement and express our
right to protest against the upcoming G8 in june.

Friday May 11, 6pm
Kempinski Courthouse Hotel
19-21 Great Marlborough St, London, W1F 7HT

The German police have used the terrorist suspicion law (so-called
section "129a") to raid and search private homes and social centres
all over Germany under the suspicion of "building a terrorist network
to prevent the G8 from happening". Obviously the mobilisation against
the G8 is augmenting and authorities are getting more and more
nervous. Dozens of computers have been seized. Police also raided the
site of the German alternative internet provider so36.net to seize all
email data on their servers. The website gipfelsoli.org, one of the
main mobilisation pages against the G8, is currently down because of
the raid.
Why at Kempinski London?

Kempinski is the Hotel Group which hosts the G8 Summit in 2007.
Kempinski has privatised large parts of the village and the beaches of
Heiligendamm, the town where the G8 meeting will take place, making
the area a no-go area even for local people.

By choosing the symbolic site of the Kempinski Hotel in London we will
protest against the upcoming G8 in Germany and the capitalist system
it represents.

Location:
http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=kempinski&near=London&ie=UTF8&ll=51.521989,-0.124283&spn=0.048705,0.1157&z=13&iwloc=A&om=1
See you at Kempinski this Friday in London, and in June at Kempinski
in Germany!

Info here at http://indymedia.org.uk also see
http://dissentnetwork.org for G8 infos.