[noborders-brum] Response to no borders/arc spat

Mike D mike-d at riseup.net
Fri Oct 10 13:13:59 UTC 2008

Hi Val,

"..the movement does not have a grievance procedure. We are accused
of not wanting to face the truth.."

The movement does have a grievance procedure, which is sitting down
and talking problems through. This has been attempted numerous times
with Korvin to absolutely no avail. You cannot accuse us of having
not made an effort. There is a total lack of sincerity on Korvin's
part to resolve his personal problems and alter his behaviour, which
are either side-stepped or outright denied. I have even witnessed
him use you as a tool to ridicule our efforts; he would stare
smirking at me whilst we were discussing these problems, and the
second I confronted him he would change his facial expression and
act suprised and astounded at my allegations. I remember witnessing
your profound irreconcilable confusion at this situation. He is not
willing to be honest with you, never mind anyone else. As a result
we would be fools to attempt a "grievance procedure" again.

"I have felt extremely intimidated and frustrated"

Val, please do not play the victim here, we have always had one
simple request which is for Korvin to stay away from us. Ever since
we chose to exclude Korvin *both of you* have pursued *us* and
provoked us in numerous ways: shouting at us on the street or in the
pub, snide provocations/trolling which you know are going to be met
with an apt response, and now attempting to put a wedge between us
and other groups. There is no reason for you to feel 'intimidated',
this has been instigated by you.

You even systematically seeked out every person who you learnt had a
criticism of Korvin, and confronted them using crying as a tool to
guilt trip/emotionally blackmail them into submission, presumably in
some Orwellian attempt to revise history because you cannot win the
argument with objective discussion. No one wants to argue with
someone in tears do they? Well, it didn't work.

Everywhere you go, Korvin goes. And everything disruptive that
Korvin does you trivialise, white-wash, or deny. So there is no
solution to this problem. Period.

Mike