[noborders-brum] [Fwd: [noborders-uk] NoBorders Network Wiki 2.0]

Shiar shiar at riseup.net
Mon Sep 15 10:36:33 UTC 2008

Subject: [noborders-uk] NoBorders Network Wiki 2.0
From:    "startx" <startx at plentyfact.org>
Date:    Mon, September 15, 2008 1:42 am
To:      noborders-uk at lists.riseup.net

Hello.

So, as promised in the last network meeting, the the Noborders Network
Wiki pages (formaly known as makebordershistory.org ) got finally
reanimated:

http://wiki.noborders.org.uk

this is also linked from the startpage of http://noborders.org.uk

What the hell is a wiki?

A wiki is a page or collection of Web pages designed to enable anyone
who accesses it to contribute or modify content, using a simplified
markup language. Wikis are often used to create collaborative websites
and to power community websites. The collaborative encyclopedia
Wikipedia is one of the best-known wikis.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki )

If you need help in how to edit a wiki, please see
http://wiki.noborders.org.uk/workspace/Help

User accounts:

As we had problems with quite a lot of Spam and unwanted stuff last
time, we will do it a bit different this time:

All groups will get a username + password to log in and edit pages sent
to their group email address. While you read this , an email with the
login should have arrived in your groups email inbox.

All users can create new accounts for other people, so feel free to
create as many accounts as you want. To create a new account for
somebody, after login go to "Special Pages"->"Login/Create Users"
->"Create User" and set up a new account.

So far accounts went out to: london, brighton, bristol, leeds,
manchester, cardiff, birmingham , newcastle and glasgow.

I dont have any contacts of Oxford, Nottingham, Sheffield. Please let
me know if you have a contact address.

Privacy:

Please remember that the wiki is open to read for everyone (including
the dark side) , so please do not publish private information such as
telefone numbers or private emails etc which are not supposed to be
public.

If you have questions how it works, feel free to contact me of list,

have fun,
startx