[pagan-magik] Jerusalem tales part one...

anarchofun23 at riseup.net anarchofun23 at riseup.net
Sat Dec 11 04:02:35 GMT 2004

Heya loved ones, its Lilith and i just came back to London.

 There was  talk before i left of doing some mutual working linking London
and Jerusalem. i was also given a peice of the mithras temple to plant
there as a magical "node".we also spoke about ashera the ancient goddess
of the land,and somehow reinvoking her.
i sent you an email right after i came telling you of  the  despair i was
feeling,having the grim political and social situation in israel looking
nothing at all like the beutifull imagery we used speaking of "pagan
action" "new jerusalems " ext.
 but then something changed. i recieved a "gnosis " of the land" which for
me shed light on alot of the magic and imagery so widely used in the
english speaking world rooted in hebraic sources.
 on my first attempt to enter jerusalem i arrived from my parents home an
hour away.i nervously climbed on a bus  anticipating to find the suicide
bomber awaiting me in the front seat.but instead i found it to be packed
entierly with ultra orthodox jews  on their way to jerusalem to spend the
saturday (shabath)already on thursday,so strict they had to get ready  day
and a half in advance.  the women and men were neatly seggregated from
each other and all eyes fell on me as i walked down the isle  until one
pious lady made space for me to sit down beside her. (god forbid i sit
next to a man.)i felt exalted watching the landscape rapidly change from
plains to mountains,observing how the people around me read passages from
psalms before entering the holy city.a dude peddling the writings of his
rabbi finaly reached me. I bought one,still unaware of the ancient proverb
instructing the pilgrim to david's city to always buy a trinket from a
peddler and give charity to the needy,to recieve
addmitance into it's gates.i suppose this must have had an animisitc
origin of sorts.i was unaware of this custom but acted on intuition to buy
the archontic kabbalistic writing glorifying god.i asked the yeshiva boy
how i could find the original hebraic kabbalistic texts,and he said no
problem:"ill send you my rabbi's information just give me your name."
hmmmm....
Lilith!!hahaha! - i almost blurted out, but (being surrounded) kept quiet
instead.
the bus  arrived at the central station. as i left it, a lame beggar
singing a shabbath song  limped towards me shaking his coin cup at me like
a rattle. i dropped a coin in it,strangely feeling i had just tipped the
ferryman before my entrance to the underworld, and made my way across the
street still hearing him blesses follow me like a trail .
but then
BAM! from out of the woodwork,an ogger in uniform materialised
growling:"stop !now!"...
apparantly there was a police ambush in the zebra crossing ,awaiting its
unwary prey.the charge:jay walking!!!!!!!
so i now i had encountered the third face of the city's spirit :the armed
warrior defending it's gates enforcing the law layed down  by that
controling force which has  ruled the city from before the time of Abraham
 when Melchitsedek, high preist of God  was king ,to the present day.
i immediatly pulled the "dumb tourist"act on him speaking only in
english,pretending not to know what was going on. he seemed intent on
nailing me demanding i produce identification .i refused telling him i was
on my way to the desert and knew nothing of these laws.
at first it seemed hopeless,but then my actions before the city's
gate(also aided by help given by  hydra members seeing me back safely)took
their course,and finally when he demanded my name, i kept silent and he
 got so confused that he just  pushed me brutually ,yelling GO!
and i was free.
confused and distraught i left the city on the spot,taking the bus down to
the dead sea.i tried to make out what had just happened to no avail.

it seems that the the lofty magical level of the city obliterates upon
entry into the world of men so caught up in the vortex of war.there
 fear and tension rule supreme under the everwatchfull eye of God.
i felt the constricion in my heart slowly lift as the bus decsended the
serpentine twists and turns leading into the gaping abyss of the dead sea.
i returned to a remote spot by its shores not far from the caves of
kumeran, frequented by hippies and various dissenters and outcasts of
israeli society living on the beach in simple tents ,not unlike the
essenses who lived there thousands of years before. i had spent some time
there the year before. i arrived at nightfall and as i pushed down the
steep pathway leading from the road to the shore, a sweet heaviness spread
through my limbs,coaxing me to stop and relax,flinging off my heavy
rucksack ,plopping down on the warm sand. i lay there for a long hour
sprawled on the bottom of the earth my ear pressed to its tummy ,feeling
strangely secure and nourished,as if i had finally arrived home.

you see,the dead sea is a very harsh place;
it reeks of sulfur year round,on its shores mineral rich black mud
sinkholes await the unwary,and its water stings and burns.they are
poisonous and undrinkable,and yet the most potently healing in the world.
the place closest to the earths core it acts as a gateway to those
primordial powers;the abyss,tiamat,tohu ubohu,she of many names.
despite the barreness of the land the earth there is unmistakably
alive,constantly shifting and moving creating worlds within worlds. the
whole area feels as if it is encased within a bubble of protection
stretching from cliff to cliff,which at night likens the black starry sky
and black water  merged together
into a great  womb
with no begining and no end.

i reached the scattered tents on the shore. the place was completly
deserted.but then in the darkness i encountered  a  boy with now long
dreadlocks which i remembered to be short last time we met. we had met a
year before at the rainbow gathering in israel. he had happened upon the
"witch trial" it's gracious attenders arranged for me  on the grounds of
my alledgedy  adminstering datura to a "tantrik " baba starring there at
the time, who had infact attempted to attack me with some "heart to heart
meditations"...ah yes it is the witch who gets stoned in god's
land..hmmm...
but despite my apprehension  he was happy to see me again,not remebering
all that had passed.he quickly produced a bong helping me get stoned in a
much nicer way this time around ,and i sat with him under the stars
listening to his stories of the ancient ones,for he too was a wanderer of
the land.
to be continued..