[pagan-magik] Re: pagan-magik Digest, Vol 1, Issue 12 Administration

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 01:05:51 GMT 2004

 It seems to me the most 'power sharing' solution
would be to allow access to the administrator account
to as many people as want it, by sharing the password.
On my yahoo groups (apart from I.I. which I didn't
create) I tend to make everyone a moderator but it
doesn't seem we can do this here (which is a bit
worrying in terms of the mindsets of the designers of
the software) but we can get round this by password
sharing.

For me its more a matter of egalitarian principle
and symbolism, and I may never log in if I have the
password (though I might, especially to let my friends
subscribe if we go less public). But I make my request
for the password now :) (I suggest if others want this
'status' they should similarly request it).

Personally re the openness of the group I've always
prefered to be part of egalitarian but semi-closed
groups, as I prefer affinity groups of friends to
masses of strangers, and like the trust of it being
free of cops, and so would prefer moderation of those
who join (as a role open to everyone), and that it be
limited to people one of us knows or has met in the
real world, rather than web surfers, but its not a big
issue for me and will go with the majority on this
one. As long as I achieve my dreams of absolute power
over you all as super administrator :)

As for practicalities, I have total trust in Nina now,
so am happy with you as 'primary admin' N, though if
we go less public, with moderation of subscription
needed, the extra admin staff might be much needed
support, and necessary to vouch for people. And I
never really thought you was a
'fascist' N ;)

Steve