[pagan-magik] Re: Fallujah

sean sean at hairyjedi.net
Tue Nov 16 14:39:22 GMT 2004

Hiya Ian,

>>>I'm tempted to
>>>support the Iraqi resitance, but they seem to be as
>>>fascistic as the American occupiers, ans am not aware
>>>of any authentic resistance movement there.
>>>

>>I'm also tempted to support the Iraqi resistance. I'm not sure why you
>>would consider people defending their homes to be "fascistic"???? What
>>have you been reading pray-tell?
>>

>I don't know what Steve has been reading but I have read some
>pretty worrying stuff too.

I've been reading about how ABC tv australia broadcast the live murder
of an iraqi citizen. Apparently a US soldier went jumping through the
rubble looking for a wounded iraqi, found him, shot him (live on tv) and
then said "He's done"

There's a bit of an outcry in Australia over this...

http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/905415.htm

Of course, this doesn't justify Iraqi sexism, but it adds more fuel to
the fire for those who are considering coming out and supporting the
"resistance" against the US occupation. This needs also be grounded in a
support for the secular women's movement (as discussed on the link you
sent) and support for anyone who faces an immediate fear of terror
regardless from which quarter it comes.

Sean