[pagan-magik] flyer

pantherius amokus mutadog93 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 15:44:07 GMT 2004

Ok.
Great flyer. However a few minor glitches from my perspective.

1)
>The Pagan Magickal Activism Network (PuMA logo?)

I see we have become a network now. ok. Could you explain your understanding of network in this context.
Also the logo idea. I take it you is joking here. Especially as you have also identified ourselves with a manufacturer of sportswear that utilises sweatshops - PUMA.
Would it not be PuMAN.. the Pantha Man?
And what about the PuWoMAN? The Hen Pantha (Hen being Scottish for Woman)

I personally don't like to associate myself with logos. I would however be agreeable to us creating a Glyph - The magickal equivilent of a logo. Further the creation of, and activation of, a glyph would facilitate remote working between cells of the PMA.

How do others feel about this?

The glyph could be a sigilised form of the groups purpose and intent.
Or, alternatively, simply an abstract symbol chosen specifically with the intent of Not Defining us in any form whatsoever. This latter would be more difficult for obvious reasons, yet possibly also more liberating. We could extend this idea to its limit and essentially create a glyph that 'defines' us by what we are not. ie. Disinformation.

2)
>The PMA network is a loose alliance of individuals and groups involved >in paganism, magic and political or cultural activism, who wish to >combine these, and increase their effectiveness by pooling their
>resources, working together on joint projects, supporting each others >projects and sharing information and ideas.

When you say 'wish to combine these', i take it you are referring to our wish, or intent, to combine our magickal, political, and cultural activism. Then again possibly not. This isn't clear from the syntax. I personally don't like the word 'wish'. Possibly the word 'intent', or 'desire', or even 'seek' could be utilised in it's place, and it made clearer as to what we are combining.
I like the line about supporting each others projects and sharing information and ideas. Maybe we could include sharing each others 'experience' also. As 'experience' is a valuable commodity.

3)
>It is an affinity group open to all individuals and groups with similar ideas,

When did we get married? :)))))))

Only teasing, i take it you mean affinity in the sense of an inherent similarity between individuals, groups and ideas.. a natural attraction, liking or feeling of kinship..the attraction of force between particles that causes them to combine (From a thelemic stance i would take this to be that point particle or Hadit, the Star that is each one of us, being attracted to other points, or particles {stars}, who are in sympathy. A mutual symbiosis or chymical attraction.)

4)
>Projects include politically orientated magical rites, magical and >personal empowerment workshops, awareness raising, individual >development work, healing and demo support. Particular focus is being >directed towards next years G8 meeting but many other projects are >also in development.

Perfeck! Like this section lots.

Great job Steve.

David x

steve ash <steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Can I have some feedback / corrections / additions /
opinions or whatever re this flyer. Preferably by
Saturday morning.

4pm November 27th @ Anarchist Bookfair @ ULU

Pagan Magick Workshop

An introduction and playshop organised by the Pagan
Magickal Activism Network

The Pagan Magickal Activism Network (PuMA logo?)

The PMA network is a loose alliance of individuals and
groups involved in paganism, magic and political or
cultural activism, who wish to combine these, and
increase their effectiveness by pooling their
resources, working together
on joint projects, supporting each others projects and
sharing information and ideas.

It is an affinity group open to all individuals and
groups with similar ideas, and operates on a non
hierarchical basis, with all its decision making based
on consensus. PMA is run by its members, we have no
leaders (though initiative and individual
assertiveness is encouraged from all). It is a diverse
network
based on unity in diversity (Hen Pantha). Current
affiliated groups include
the Dionysian Underground, The Dragon Network,
Reclaimer Groups, Hydra, the Serpent Institute and the
Invisible Illuminati. Many members also join as
individuals however and group membership gives no
privilege.