[pagan-magik] RAW thought

Steve (Dionysian Underground) dionysian_underground at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 01:20:27 GMT 2005

 Robert Anton Wilson's

= Thought for the Month =

I strongly suspect that a world "external to," or at
least independent of, my senses exists in some sense.

I also suspect that this world shows signs of
intelligent design, and I suspect that such
intelligence acts via feedback from all parts to all
parts and without centralised sovereignty, like the
Internet; and that it does not function
hierarchically, in the style an Oriental despotism, an
American corporation or Christian theology.

I somewhat suspect that Theism and Atheism both fail
to account for such decentralised intelligence, rich
in circular-causal feedback.

I more-than-half suspect that all "good" writing, or
all prose and poetry one wants to read more than once,
proceeds from a kind of "alteration in consciousness,"
i.e. a kind of controlled schizophrenia. [Acting comes
from the same place.]

I sometimes suspect that what Blake called Poetic
Imagination expresses this exact thought in the
language of his age, and that visits by "angels" and
"gods" states it in even more archaic argot.

These suspicions have grown over 72 years, but as a
rather slow and stupid fellow I do not have the
chutzpah to proclaim any of them as certitudes.  Give
me another 72 years and maybe I'll arrive at firmer
conclusions.

http://www.rawilson.com/main.shtml