[pagan-magik] majick at during G8 summit

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Fri Feb 11 05:38:45 GMT 2005

For your interest below is what I have been drafting so far for a
leaflet I am going to hopefully give out at the Dissent gathering this
weekend in Glasgow: http://dissent.org.uk/content/view/99/1/
and then revised on feedback for giving out at the Reshape meeting in
Edinburgh and more widely.
http://reshape.org.uk

I put in a mention of the Pagan Magik Association very briefly, is that
ok?, or just leave people to find you through your own outreach. Should
I add any more? Does the PMA have a postal address to give as contact?

Also I just got from Stirling Library some copies of old maps such as
Stobie's map of 1783 which covers Ochils and settlements around such as
those in Gleneagles valley. Too big to for me to do one scan to put
online in one image but may do a piece.

some pics of Stirling  now up at:
http://dissent.org.uk/component/option,com_akogallery/Itemid,33/func,viewcategory/catid,33/startpage,4/

A celebration of the right to roam: walking in the Ochil hills.

While the G8 leaders meeting Gleneagles hotel some of us will be looking
at them from above on the Ochil hills, and laughing at them, with a big
day-glow banner. Please do join comrades there for friendly encounters
on the hills. Let the hills be a weapon free zone.

There will be several organised walks in the Ochil Hills in run up to
check them out G8 Summit at Gleneagles if only because there are several
routes. But also so various groups of people can get together on with
walks promoted to different extents, and in different ways. The walks
will be great way for people to interact in run up to G8, already
several good comrades who don't go to meetings will be coming for walks
in the Ochil hills.

It has been said it is possible to go from Dollar to Glen Devon in 2.5
hours (but allow up to six hours first time). Also when going to
Gleneagles over hills one reachs the A9 before Gleneagles. Routes
include Tillicoultry to Blackford (which is on edge of Golf Course) as
well as Dollar to Gleneagles or Auchterarder.

The Silver group intends to meet up to start in Dollar, there are silver
mines in valley we will use to go up into hills, past Castle Gloom. But
other groups can will meet elsewhere, especially after checking out
various routes in practise.

When it started to get more daylight after spring equinox I will be
encouraging more people to come up from afar to come with us walking in
the Ochils, and there will be walking arranged and promoted every
weekend from then till G8 Summit.
By time of G8 comrades will have well broken in walking boots,
waterproofs, flask and other gear of use on them hills.

It is recommend to get a copy of the 'SuperWalker' Map of the Ochil
hills (1-85137-308-X) from Harvey Maps (01786 841202) as much more
inspiring map than using the Ordnance Survey maps setting whole set of
hills much clearer on with Gleneagles at top, and all the Stirling Uni
campus and the hillfoots at bottom.

Also we hope to test out and learn various communications methods on the
hills, from using simple whistles, and calls, to use of semaphore with
flags (bring binoculars), or for few hours of darkness Morse code with
with flash lights, as well as CB radio. We sure ensure our
communications are good as this can be key to outcome of the day.

The state builds monuments for propaganda purposes - to commemorate
their imperialist wars or to feign sympathy for those who died in them,
to make their authority appear immutable by parading their past leaders
or simply to impose their strength upon the people.

Inspired by the multiple uses of a strip of turf at Mayday 2000 that
gave a focus to monuments, we plan to the construct enduring peoples
monuments.

One project is to ask those coming around the G8 Summit to bring a
pebbles from their area to make new cairns with a few talisman chucked
in as well, to celebrate our victory, and foretell the burial of those
that govern us.

For those interested in majickal aspect of this and other projects
around the G8 then may want to join up with the Pagan Magik Association
and others.

The People's Golfers are considering going via hills too. Do keep a look
out for second hand golf clubs at car boot sales they often come up as
new players often buy wrong size and have to replace, as well as usually
reason for resale.

The practise walking will be one of forums to allow a wide interaction
agenda and process.

Sometimes we will arrange transport but also many walks start and end
points can be accessed via public transport.

contact: silver at j12.org
http://silver.j12.org/
PO Box 28505, Edinburgh, EH4 4YW

Walks: South Perthsire (Hallewell Publications, 1999, 1-872405-13-4)

Ochil Hills - landscape, wildlife, heritage - an introduction with
walks. (from: Lindsay Corbett, Forth Naturalist and Historian,
University of Stirling, FK9 4LA)

http://j12.org/sb/