[pagan-magik] PMA closure?

Steve (Dionysian Underground) dionysian_underground at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 19:15:11 GMT 2005

> I too have noticed that there are fewer and fewer
> postings from people other than Steve and David and
> recently Raga(thanks for the info.) Sad that all the
> positive energy at the ESF and even later at the
> Book
> fair seems to have dissipated. Perhaps all the petty
> power games over the name and the moderater etc.put
> some off.

These were important issues, not power games, I
suspect you are just projecting. This is an anarchist
collective not a hierarchy, therefore we shouldn't
have unequal power within it such as sole moderators.

> And it doesn't help when Steve, you come
> up
> with comments like 'but at least, all those
> millionaires on the Maldives died in the Tsunami
> too,
> which can't be bad'. Duh!!Where ARE you coming
> from???

‘The simplest Surrealist act consists of dashing down
into the street, pistol in hand, and firing blindly,
as fast as you can pull the trigger, into the crowd.
Anyone who has not at least once entertained this
thought has a well deserved place in the crowd, with
the revolver pointed staright at their belly’ Andre
Breton

I'm not sure that I want to associate with anyone who
is so alienated from reality by bourgeois
consciousness or hippy brainwashing that they cannot
identify with the deeply spiritual sentiments of that
statement. Or indeed anyone shallow or unsophisticated
enough to statements of sentiment literally.

Incidently I had several private messages of support
for that Maldive statement, its only a shame that the
moralistic thought police prevent such honesty being
expressed publically.

> I really liked your posting David about Gaia
> responding as a spiritual being to all the attacks
> on
> her.... And the intention behind your work on Christ
> and the Goddess. But my sense is that we need to
> dissolve ALL patriarchal and hierarchical thinking
> rather than marry them to the goddess. The deep
> masculine is not patriarchal and does not need to
> dominate or win. Even having a list where people are
> excluded because noone knows them is still in the
> old
> hierarchical mode.....unless of course it is
> practically commonsensical...as when activist plans
> need to be kept secret.

> I believe that thought can create energy. And I feel
> that if we are going to do any more magickal
> activist
> work together we need to have some more intelligent
> conversations about intentions etc.preferably face
> face.

Nothing creates energy or destroys it. Thought only
channels it (or rather is it)!

But I'm not interested in thought that much, only
feeling which is more authentic.

But my current feeling is that very few people here
are really interested in being an active part of the
PMA group, or put it on a low level of their
priorities, this may be just due to the time of year
or some other factor, but unless I'm proved wrong
I think we should consider writing it off as a failure
and disbanding.

Steve

(no daft catch phrases attached)