[pagan-magik] PMA closure?

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Mon Jan 3 22:18:23 GMT 2005

Steve (Dionysian Underground) wrote:

> Incidently I had several private messages of support
> for that Maldive statement, its only a shame that the
> moralistic thought police prevent such honesty being
> expressed publically.

I would like to add my public message of support for your
statement - the Germans have a word for it "schadenfreude".
Flying back and forth to a private villa in the Maldives is
the antithesis of sustainable low impact living and it is
only natural to see it as a form of natural justice when the
Earth gets it's revenge for the enormous damage done to it by
such irresponsible playboys (not withstanding the fact that
most human victims were extremely poor by western standards).

What puts *me* off is people saying that we should not say
certain things that we feel for fear of putting people off.
That kind of spin-doctoring is for the likes of New Labour,
not any sort of group I want to be a part of:-)

> But my current feeling is that very few people here
> are really interested in being an active part of the
> PMA group, or put it on a low level of their
> priorities, this may be just due to the time of year
> or some other factor, but unless I'm proved wrong
> I think we should consider writing it off as a failure
> and disbanding.

I think it is too early to disband. In any case, this list
is useful even if it only acts as a point of contact between
the three distinct constituencies that make up PMA (and I
am sure it is partly due to the time of year).

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/