[pagan-magik] majick at during G8 summit

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Sat Jan 8 15:06:55 GMT 2005

Let me introduce myself. I live in Edinburgh. I have not really ever
been involved in organised pagan or majick groups. I only once went to
meeting of the Source in Edinburgh (which was split from Pagan Fed), I
was persuaded by young friend who was a bit shy about meeting new
people, but they were a good friendly bunch, and a certain well know
follower of the 'Northern Tradition' who I had no desire to meet who
sometime attended group was luckily not there. That group no longer
publically meets though.

There are well know Beltane celebrations in Edinburgh (
http://members.lycos.co.uk/Hexagon/ ) which are well worth attending
once but they are really just a show, 'riverdance for crusties' as it
has been described.

I better know several lone practitioners. I have completely lost touch
with Marina Findley ( http://highmajik.org.uk/ ), who is very much out
there on here own, and other majickal people find confused and
unhelpful, but she did introduce me to the Nine Stone Rig (circle,
http://www.ancient-stones.co.uk/lothian/011/013/details.htm ) as well as
Pressmennan wood, in East Lothian.
A comrade who I know through his involvement in general political work,
and lives nearby me, I fund out a few years ago of their keen interest
in the occult. They have been excluded, due to personal vow,  from some
of general anti-G8 organising gathering because they have taken place on
consecrated church property. But for others who came who I know to be
pagan this was not an issue. Wondering if others on this list take a
view on this?

When I was at Glasgow Reshape (anti-g8) group launch a couple of people
there expressed interest in doing something majickal around G8. I know
some Pagans from North America are coming over for G8.

I will be arranging some walking trips in the Ochil hills which are
South of Gleneagles where G8 meets. We we up on SherriffMuir in the snow
the other day. I hope to put hope photos online sometime. But we did not
get any of the avenue of sup marked stones parallel to the road,
http://dissent.org.uk/component/option,com_akogallery/Itemid,33/func,detail/id,72/
http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk/dunblane.html
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/698 . But plenty of time on
other trips. When it started to get more daylight after equinox I will
be encouraging more people to come up from England to come with us
walking in the Ochils, check out the ancient hill fort that overlooks
Gleneagles, and all the various stones including the Gathering Stone
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/3036 and many cairns in those
hills. You may be able to say with comrades here and/or try youth hostel
at Glen Devon. There is allot of paths and sites I have to check out
myself. http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk

I have already stated with regards to the G8 that since the state builds
monuments for propaganda purposes - to commemorate their imperialist
wars or to feign sympathy for those who died in them, to make their
authority appear immutable by parading their past leaders or simply to
impose their strength upon the people. Inspired by the multiple uses of
a strip of turf at Mayday 2000, that gave a focus to monuments we plan
to the construct enduring peoples monuments.
One project is to ask those coming around the G8 Summit to bring a
pebbles from their area to make new cairns to celebrate our victory, and
foretell the burial of those that govern us. These pebbles having
travelled far also act majickly along with various talisman that people
bring to incorporated in our cairn.

See you in Scotland,

Space Bunny
--