[pagan-magik] reply to "accusations"

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Fri Jan 14 13:34:56 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:53:17PM -0000, evol at c6.org wrote:

> hi PMA, this is asim,

Hello Asim,

I know that you are reading the archive of this group so even
if you have not yet been subscribed I expect you to see this.

> i have already stated that the LARC leadership has ejaculated me and
> fabian in a "witch trial" held at their AGM.

I was trying to keep an open mind and had no intention of
objecting to your subscription request being approved but
this sort of comment does not bode well. I work with people
who have a good working relationship with LARC and your
repeated decription of their AGM as a "witch trial" taken
together with the ill-considered use of the word "ejaculated"
is worrying.

The only other thing I would like to comment on is this:

> As for my contributions to the OurMayday site, i will very readily declare
> that i wrote an openly challenging text contradicting the Womble's
> ourmayday.org.uk site when the Wombles and London Mayday collective had
> the nerve to cancel the Mayday/ Beltane festival in London last year.

Nobody has the power to cancel Mayday/Beltane anywhere -
I celebrated it in London as usual in 2004. Of course I
know that ourmayday.org.uk had (and still has) a headline
"Mayday Cancelled!" but it is sub-titled "Comments From
Some Members of the London Mayday Collective" and the
tongue-in-cheek headline is immediately clarified by
the first line of the statement:

omd> Following a meeting held in mid-January the London
omd> Mayday Collective decided not to proceed with plans
omd> for an anti-capitalist event this year.

The statement goes on to explain why, and of course they
had every right to make such a decision. They were not
obligated to organise such an event and they made no
attempt to prevent anyone else from doing so. Lots of
people whinged and moaned about it because they couldn't
be bothered to do anything themselves and wanted someone
else to do the work, but others just got on and did stuff
anyway (I had an excellent day with the Space Hijackers).

I guess what concerns me is your apparent readiness to
blame others whilst presenting an over-simplified version
of what you see as "the facts", twisted to support your
own position. However, since I have never (as far as I
know) met you in person I am still loath to raise any
formal objection to your subscription request.

> Space Bunny persuaded me that we should make sure the whole LARC episode
> does not derail us from preparing our response to the G8, and to network
> with you was a very constructive thing to do.

As long as you realise that in networking with "us" you
will indirectly networking with groups that are connected
with LARC, and are able to control your hostility better than
you have so far demonstrated, then Space Bunny may be proved
correct - I certainly hope so.

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/