[pagan-magik] open list

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Fri Jan 14 14:05:08 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 06:22:14PM +0000, steve ash wrote:

> It seems our list security debate is somewhat
> redundant at the moment as Asim informs me he can read
> the archives quite readily :) So no need to CC him...

Yes, I assumed people knew that the archive has always been
accessible to the public. The list is currently closed in that
only subscribers can post without moderation and that all new
subscriptions require approval. As far as I am concerned our
"debate" has been about whether this should be relaxed to
automatically allow new subscriptions.

If people are concerned about the "security" implications of
having a public archive then we will have to talk about that
too. I assume that *all* unencrypted information that I send
out over the Internet is potentially available to certain
organisations so it does not make a great deal of difference
to me one way or the other, but personally I would prefer the
archive to remain public (any "secret" stuff should not be
discussed on the list).

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/