[pagan-magik] Consensus and Encryption etc

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 17:57:14 GMT 2005

On Consensus I think its a tricky one on an e list as
consensus means not a single person disagreeing, but
given the percentage of active posters it means that
the majority will always be 'voting' with silence
which is a bit of a strange 'democracy'. Though I
accept this is really the only way we can do it. Of
course consensus isn't written in stone its something
that is constantly reaffirmed and can change at any
moment. Fortunately I'm sticking with the consensus
for now.

I don't have any problem with Ian's 'bossiness' :)
I think we all need to be more bossy, or we just
subordinate ourselves to a group which is worse than
subordination to another individual, both are forms of
slavery. So carry on being 'bossy' Ian.

I'm not sure about the encryption claims as I
understand it things like PGP and its clones are
already crackable by the NSA. I'm not to sure about
One Time Pads, the little I know of them suggests they
are fairy secure, though as Ian says the key passing
element is the tricky part and given the high degree
of penetration of the activist movement a large
distribution of such a key would compromise it,
I guess one key linked to person would work but that
is a bit complex. I've used some obscure methods but
won't mention them here. I think the conclusion is
right that somethings are best not said, though that
in itself leads to elitism.

I wish I had Jocelyn's faith in the beneficience of
the Tao, though I'm more inclined to believe in the
'evil demiurge' :)

My trajectory on the 22nd got a bit more complicated
this week but I'm still trying to prioritize the LAF.
Judging from Ian's post it seems that he's going to
try to be at both? What time does the ULU finish then
I thought they overlapped. The LAF meets at 3pm-5pm
and will continue in a pub in Whitechapel afterwards,
all are welcome to attend (but don't mention religion
or magic :)))).

This looks like fun in the States

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20050117/pl_usatoday/protestersplantoturntheirbacksonbush

Steve