[pagan-magik] up! 0035// r.e.j.o.i.c.e.! // 19 06 06

fraser fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Mon Jun 19 00:21:37 BST 2006

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FREED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE OVER!

“Mommy, I can hear them now.”
“Hear what, darling?”
“Those voices.  The ones the adults hear.  I just wanted you to know I can
hear the voices you listen to in your head.”
[conversation between a 5 year-old and her mother while travelling in a car]
up!

“The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.”  Robert
Carlyle  (1795 - 1881).
up!

Get UP!  Stand Up For Your Rights (and everybody’s too of course! :)
(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
u cant understand the world without innerstanding yourself
the up! 0035 // 18, 06, 06
MAKE UP! YOUR MIND!!!
u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world
(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
     Get UP!  Don’t Give Up The Fight (only we don’t mean violence, ok? :)

.. contents...
p.02  rejoice!  for the Dinosaurs’ Last Stand continues inexorably towards
the firing squads!
p.05  God’s Hand At Work Through The Mechanism Of Evolution
p.07  caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006 [cont]
p.08 USE THE INTERNET TO PROTECT THE INTERNET before it’s too late!
p.10  Terrorism Explained - it’s just a Tactic!
p.12  World Sees US As Bigger Threat To Peace
Than Iran, Poll Finds
up!

\)))))/
__,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,___fraser
rejoice!  for the Dinosaurs’ Last Stand continues inexorably towards the
firing squads (which we zippies shall oppose on objectively moral grounds
but also because it makes them martyrs of the right).

rejoice!  for it’s surfacing every day in the media now, leak after leak,
revelation after revelation, bandwagon-jumper after bandwagon-jumper
spilling the grisly beans, conscience cleansers after plea-bargainers
trying to save their souls or escape jail/firing squad, scandal after
scandal, exposed fraud after front page crime (the latest being how they
cooked the global warming debate but there’s probably been another few by now).

“Leaders of both parties are acutely aware of the vehemence of anti-Bush
sentiment in the country, expressed especially in the increasing number of
Americans - nearing 50% in some polls - who say they would favor
impeachment if the president were proved to have deliberately lied to
justify going to war in Iraq.” Carl Bernstein, Watergate veteran reporter.

yea, rejoice!  for the Big Picture most people still don’t quite grasp is
the Sea Change that’s happening, the Human species’ breakout into a Strange
New Attractor that is now inching forward.  the next half dozen years (till
2012 funnily enough:) will witness the End of the Old Politics
FOREVER.  indeed, it’s the End of the Old World FOREVER.

yes, rejoice, for everything we were always assured “worked pretty well”
HARDLY WORKED AT ALL!  we’ve had 2000 years of massive general suffering
and bad health - mental emotional and physical - we just didn’t hear much
about it, except that it was “all inevitable, just Life, people are just
naturally dinosaur bastards”.  it was (exactly!) like the Romanus
Dinosaurus Empire, a corrupt ruling elite lording it over a world of
slaves, many of whom had been persuaded it was ‘natural’.  but those days
are over!

“Something is revealed to us about ourselves by the fact that we are being
ruled by people who are mad.  Imagine what we’d do if we truly recognised
our government is being run by people who have collectively gone mad?  What
would we do if we realised that the leader of the most powerful nation on
the planet, the person with his finger on the button, is a genuine
psychopath?”  Paul Levy.

if you don’t recognise that as the world you live in right now, consider
this:  we are more likely to be evolved from the bonobo than from the
chimp, and the average bonobo has 24 orgasms per day  this ‘Cultura
Dinosaura’’ that shapes us from birth has filtered our Life Force to the
merest dribble!  it hasn’t disappeared, though, nothing does, but it’s been
pushed back into the darker corners of our individual psyches.

but now rejoice, for the Dino Chastity Belt that has squeezed and downsized
us through the Long Dark Ages, and had almost obliterated the human
identity into a mere ‘equal’ identikit consumer (feel its Power?!) is
passing away before our very eyes.  as, indeed, it had to, if the planet
was to be saved.  for, in fact, an End to Dinosaur Behaviour is precisely
what’s required of the planet  the two are the same thing!  they are
inseparable!  and the Bush Gang, their leaders and exemplaries, are pulling
them down, down
 Earth :)

"The Bush administration needs to be investigated, inside and out, upside
down, and inside out.  They should not be allowed to leave office as just a
failed administration.  Because they are more than that - much more than
that.”  Stephen P. Pizzo.

remember how unstoppable the Dinos thought they were?!  i remember feeling
like the ONLY voice screaming out against it in the name of ‘Sanity’!  and
i was certainly the only one who predicted from the start, and before the
start, that this Dino Stand would be their Last (for it’s a fractal, not an
infinite spiral).

since the last witch was burned, the overall evolutionary direction of Homo
Sapiens has been the mass re-distribution of power from ‘leaders’ to
‘community’, to which the Romanus Dinosaurus Empire has been fighting a
continuous rear-guard action.

“Money is a new form of slavery, and distinguishable from the old simply by
the fact that it is impersonal -- that there is no human relation between
master and slave."  Tolstoy.

all through the Clinton years, while the Sea Change the planet needed
evolved inexorably on (ecological if nothing else, but i include everything
else because you can’t have a healthy environment policy run by a deeply
sick, unbalanced Culture), the ‘slave owners’ had become more & more
desperate to Strike Back - before they became redundant to human
requirements (not that they would ever see it that way!).  they’d been
expanding & developing their networks, building their neo-confidence-trick
philosophies of religion, power & competition, laying their plans for
Takeover, and hiring their drone armies with their vast wealth.

[don’t be misled by their absolute inability to sense the need for their
own redundancy  all they can see is their weapons and power getting bigger
and bigger!  that’s what Dinos value!].

of course evolution has gone now faster now slower and certainly ground to
an almost halt under thatcher-reganism (but deep cultural changes were
going on beneath the surface that would burst forth, primarily in the Rave
Culture that swept and still sweeps the planet.  the first mass explosion
of the
 New World Behaviour/Attitudes.

an article i read today said the Republicans will never agree to a senate
investigation of the bush gang because they know “only too well where it
would go.”  (notice how fast things have changed!)  this is Old thinking,
but it sounds convincing.  until you read, for example, the recent report
from the Cato Institute, a right wing libertarian think tank dedicated to
“the traditional American principles of limited government, individual
liberty, free markets and peace.”

·       “In relation to what are newspeakingly called “Free Speech Zones”
(where protesters are banished out of eyeshot and earshot of our Chief
Executive):  “At the very core of the First Amendment lies the right to
criticize officeholders.  President Bush has failed to protect that right.”
·       Regarding torture in violation of U.S. laws and international
treaties: “The Administration’s legal position can be summed up starkly:
When we’re at war, anything goes, and the President gets to decide when
we’re at war. “
·       And on domestic spying and illegal seizures: “The President appears
to believe that he is the ultimate arbiter of what is legal and what is
illegal -- at least in matters related to national security.”
·       And on holding suspects indefinitely without trial in violation of
“Habeas Corpus: “Bush’s attempts to undermine ‘the very core of our
liberty’ may be his most egregious failure to protect and defend our
Constitution.”
·       The report concludes: “President Bush's constitutional vision is,
in short, sharply at odds with the text, history, and structure of our
Constitution, which authorizes a government of limited powers.”

Dinosaurism has suffered an embarrassment from which it will never recover.

John Dean, the Watergate conspirator who ultimately shattered the Watergate
conspiracy, rendered his prescient impeachment verdict on Bush two years
ago by naming his book Worse than Watergate.

the article then discusses what might happen if the democrats win power,
and opines: “you can bet there would be plenty of folks out on the left
hounding them to do just that - investigate, investigate, impeach.  But
should they do that?  I would argue, no.  Remember the Clinton
impeachment?  What a mess.  What a waste of time.  Voters hated it. “

voters hated it cos it was sleazy and pretty much irrelevant, and it was
old, old thinking.  i know it’s hard to see, but remember that nearly 50%
of americans ALREADY want them impeached if it’s true.  AND THINGS ARE
EASILY 1000 TIMES WORSE THAN MOST OF THESE PEOPLE YET REALISE!

“They are arguably the largest, boldest and most virulent criminal
enterprise to ever occupy that office.  Their alleged crimes span the full
spectrum; graft, corruption, perjury, war crimes, false imprisonment,
kidnapping....  It's breathtaking. Simply breathtaking.”  Stephen P. Pizzo.

when the Gene Pool does find out, as they’re doing already, the number will
be well over 50% and they’ll be more deeply scandalised than ever in their
lives!  the american public will feel deeply deeply humbled before the rest
of the planet (as indeed was also needed for the planet to be saved) AND I
THINK THEY WILL DEMAND A FULL ACCOUNT SO IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

don’t underestimate that “vehemence of anti-Bush sentiment.”  politicians
will be unable to resist the public demand.  on pain of never being elected
again (as most of them won’t anyway) they will be forced, just as cameron
is now, to change!  they’re fighting to be greener already!

Worse than Watergate?
 >> oh yes, one hundred thousand times worse.  that was just a break-in,
which US murder squads outscore 100 times a week in iraq these days!

"Worse than Watergate? ... In terms of imminent, meaningful action by the
Congress ... the question of whether the president should be impeached (or,
less severely, censured) remains premature.  More important, it is
essential that the Senate vote -- hopefully before the November elections,
and with overwhelming support from both parties - to undertake a full
investigation of the conduct of the presidency of George W. Bush, along the
lines of the Senate Watergate Committee's investigation during the
presidency of Richard M. Nixon....  There was understandable reluctance in
the Congress to begin a serious investigation of the Nixon
presidency.  Then there came a time when it was unavoidable.  That time in
the Bush presidency has arrived.”  Carl Bernstein.
 >> note that “there came a time when it was unavoidable”.
up!

God’s Hand At Work
Through The Mechanism Of Evolution
Francis Collins, the director of the US National Human Genome Research
Institute and the scientist who led the team that cracked the human genome,
is to publish a book explaining why he now believes in the existence of God.

Francis claims there’s a rational basis for a creator and that scientific
discoveries bring man “closer to God”.

His book, The Language of God, to be published in September, will reopen
the age-old debate about the relationship between science and faith. “One
of the great tragedies of our time is this impression that science and
religion have to be at war,” said Collins, 56.

“I don’t see that as necessary at all, and I think it is deeply
disappointing that the shrill voices that occupy the extremes of this
spectrum have dominated the stage for the past 20 years.”
 >> i know i often seem to be on one of those extremes, but don’t mistake
me for a candy ass american christian weirdo.  really what i’ve been
attacking is Scientism.  the problem has been, as we should all know by
now, that, despite Science being 100% unable to locate or measure anything
beyond the very lowest levels of Reality - speed, weight, shape and that
sort of shit - it has NOT, for the past 50 years, kept its mouth shut
regarding what it knows NOTHING about.  and that’s what has needed
attacking, and still very much does, because it’s educated the majority of
the human species to see the world as meaningless, pointless and
accidental.  which is very very bad for everyone.

For Collins, unravelling the human genome did not create a conflict in his
mind.  Instead, it allowed him a “glimpse at the workings of God”.

“When you make a breakthrough it is a moment of scientific exhilaration
because you have been on this search and seem to have found it.

“But it’s also a moment where I at least feel closeness to the creator in
the sense of having now perceived something that no human knew before but
God knew all along.

“When you have for the first time in front of you this 3.1 billion-letter
instruction book that conveys all kinds of information and all kinds of
mystery about humankind, you can’t survey that, going through page after
page, without a sense of awe.  I can’t help but look at those pages and
have a vague sense that this is giving me a glimpse of God’s mind.”

Among Collins’s most controversial beliefs is that of “theistic evolution”,
which claims natural selection is the tool that God chose to create man.
 >> Intelligent Design in a word, the ‘theory’ that mis-educated leftists
actually want banned from our kids’ education.  darwin’s “Survival Of The
Most Apt” theory is not against god, it’s the ongoing process of God’s Design.

“I see God’s hand at work through the mechanism of evolution.  If God chose
to create human beings in his image and decided that the mechanism of
evolution was an elegant way to accomplish that goal, who are we to say
that is not the way,” he says.

In his version of the theory, he argues that man will not evolve further.
 >> he’s dead wrong here.  our evolution is accelerating
geometrically!  but a man who’s devoted his life to the world of Science is
unlikely to catch more than a mere ‘emotional’ glimpse of the levels of
Reality beyond its orbit.  for that you gotta go to someone who’s devoted
their life to those areas.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2220484,00.html
up!

"All of us look at each other knowingly, for the feeling that we knew each
other in that most distant past conceals something else -- tacit, awesome,
almost unmentionable -- the realisation that at the deep centre of a time
perpendicular to ordinary time we are, and always have been, one.  We
acknowledge the marvellously hidden plot, the master illusion, whereby we
appear to be different." Alan Watts, 1962.
up!

colorado
July 17 35th Annual
RAINBOW GATHERING OF THE TRIBES
FOR WORLD PEACE & HEALING
Routt National Forest, Colorado.
FULL DETAILS AT
http://www.nyrainbow.org/events.html#gathering2006
up!

for some great fun and an insight into ‘Art’ and Zen, check this out :)
www.jacksonpollock.org
up!

hi there fraser
i use to buy/read EPi, thought it was great, always fancied going to
megatripolis however i live in edinburgh so it was not too practical.  my
friends run a club called taste/fever, it’s been on the go12 years this
month, not bad going for a tech/house club, i have just recently discovered
the parallel-youniversity site and its the biz, i would like to send good
thoughts, vibes and feelins to ya man, i really appreciate what you do, ok
i’m off for now.
paul boyd, edinburgh
up!

thx 4 spreading the awareness
boom,
Torsten Klimmer, Copenhagen.
up!

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION
MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD
@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP *   * Ideas Per Paragraph
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006  FEEDBACK

Hi Fraser,
Thought of two corny jokes after your hilarious descriptions of long
journeys, anal preoccupations, and untrustworthy friends.
 >> i hope that’s not how it came across, there was great stuff too!

Here goes:

A Title:   "LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO SHITE"

And i think your friend (if that's what you call him still ) should  be
re-named (oops! -almost wrote 're-charistened ) "Careless. " Because he
couldn't.
 >> i actually thought of that a couple of times in morocco.  but he is so
wonderful in other ways, and actually very kind, always trying to enliven
people he meets, and giving presents etc.  u just gotta accept his as he is
or not, and i now accept him and hope he comes on all future caravanserai
trips.

Hope the full frontal facial attack has  calmed down and left you looking
as handsome as ever.
 >> wait till you hear about the shave i had in Jamaal El Fna that turned
into a whole hair re-styling!  (the tension is killing moi :)

Excellent point about those bloody electricity wires. So obvious when it's
pointed out.   But as you say, we are brainwashed in so many ways,
since....forever, and from so many directions.
Jo, Brussels.
 >> yeah, think roads, water supply, and, oh god, oil!  and nuclear power,
NOW I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT’S HAPPENING THERE!

"The trouble with most folks isn't so much their ignorance, as knowing so
many things that ain't so."  Josh Billings, American humourist.
up!

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006
[THE TRIP SO FAR: The caravanseraiclubbers are back together in the Sahara,
among the Berbers.  NOW READ ON.]
tomorrow we shall have been in the Sahara for 2 weeks
and, in some ways, it’s been one of the most intensive experiences of my
life, but more for the experiences of my companions than for my own.  and
except that being there with them as they go through their experiences is
new for me.  so it’s been partly about adding another coat to what was
there before whatever that means, perhaps it’s something to do with
aging.  And, unfashionable as it may be in this Competitive Era, the purest
pleasure certainly comes from helping to place others in an environment
that encourages them to grow :)  and, whatever else happened, am very
certain that every caravanseraiclub member did some serious growing in the
Sahara  even where that involved dropping stuff they thought they already knew!

discoveries and revelations are usually like that.  you don’t find
something new, rather a veil seems to drop away and allow the truth you
always knew to shine through.

for the first 2 days at the camp it was like my brain had melted.  or the
strings which moved the puppet fraser in the city had fallen away and I
couldn’t DO anything.  I moped around my tent and couldn’t write or read or
even think while the sandstorms whipped outside.  or so it seemed
anyway.  but I recognised it as a pattern that usually happens when you’ve
arrived in a new, strange environment.  and so I was patient, and succeeded
in not getting depressed behind it.  “it’s all perfectly natural and will
pass” i kept repeating to myself like a  mantra.  until it passed.
up!

USE THE INTERNET TO PROTECT THE INTERNET before it’s too late!
A call to action from John Edwards
When MoveOn and The Christian Coalition agree about something, it's a good
bet they're right.  Groups as wide-ranging as Gun Owners of America on one
side and the One America Committee on the other are fighting to keep the
Internet the way it is now - free and open to anyone with access to a
computer.

Today, everyone in the world can communicate through the Internet on an
equal basis.  A small-time programmer like Pierre Omidyar can start an
auction site out of his home office and turn it into eBay.  A blogger like
Josh Marshall can post his opinions on Talking Points Memo and end up
attracting more readers than the country's biggest newspapers.

On the Internet, big corporations are on equal footing with everyday
people.  And it needs to stay that way.

BUT HERE’S THE DANGER!!!! Right now, special interests are pushing bills
through the US Congress that would divide the Internet in two.  Corporate
deals would determine which web sites would run incredibly fast and which
ones would barely run at all.  Some users might not be able to access sites
operated by, well, regular people.

I don't want Internet service providers to decide which web sites I can
look at.  And I know you don't either.

Last week, the House of Representatives fell in line with industry demands
and passed a telecommunications bill without 'net neutrality' protections.
That means our only hope of stopping them is in the Senate.  Please tell
your Senator to keep the Interest the way it is now - free and open to all.

Some people fear that creating two tiers of the Internet could allow
service providers to shut down web sites whose politics they didn't
like.  But even if they didn't discriminate based on content, the access
fees could marginalise smaller and poorer players.

This is the completely wrong direction.  We should be making the Internet
more accessible, not less.  We should be working to connect rural areas,
schools in poor neighbourhoods and wherever people have not yet benefited
from access to innovation and technology.

The companies that want to charge for the Internet are running a slick
public relations campaign to make themselves look like a netroots
operation.  That's why the folks on our side need to wage a real - and
overwhelming - netroots effort to make sure Congress understands that
Americans and everyone want to keep the Internet the way it is - free and
open to everyone.

I'm turning to you to ask for your help.  You know how important the
Internet is to free speech, especially political speech.  And you know what
it takes to turn out the netroots.  Let's show them how it's done!

Sign the petition now.
www.oneamericacommittee.com/action/sign-petitions/email/openinternet_act

And then, use the Internet to protect the Internet.  Please forward this
email to your friends, family and everyone you know in America..

Your friend,
John Edwards, US Senate.
up!

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006
the girls and the berber boys
Balleid, the musician owner of the Prends Ton Temps, is totally
irresistible, with his large open caring jetblack face and white smile and
singing and drumming and joking and laffing and saying “Prends Ton Temps!”,
and the girls look in wonder, moved mysteriously to their depths.  in their
waters, perhaps :)

Brahim is, I suppose, higher class ancient Berber, but in a western woman’s
mind could be a Prince, an Honourable Saviour on a white horse
(camel).  AND certainly he’s met enough western women to know how they
think and feel  deep down so to speak  and how to make it to his advantage.

so i do know there was much flirtation between the Boys and Girls, and i
know that Fatima (who’d been considering an ‘offer’ from Brahim) suddenly
marched out of Prends Ton Temps, fully kitted up for travel, only
whispering “he just became too insistent, i’ll tell you when i see you in
london.”  but really it’s none of my business, and it certainly isn’t any
of your business :)

and so they/we paid our deep respects to the Sahara, huddled together of a
long evening in the communal Berber concert, suffered its indignities and
bruises, its sweaty clingy lack of water (though the daily bottle we each
consumed for the whole week and the rest of our time in Morocco must have
emptied some anonymous sub-aquifer somewhere!)  all the girls cracked at
some point, but it was mostly the crack of breaking through.

the Girls sang so sweetly a few times in return, and sounded so innocent
and ‘protected’ among the old Barbarians.  the Girls were a strong
Entity.  seldom seen and appreciated down here.  but they were maddening in
their (indiscriminate?) enthusiasm sometimes.

and i should mention that Caress was a big hit with his drumming, which I’d
always considered just hippy style, but the musicians accept him as an
equal, indeed Balleid says to me one time:  “He is the first European I
ever met who could drum like this”
up!

"Most Americans aren't the sort of citizens the Founding Fathers expected;
they are contented serfs.  Far from being active critics of government,
they assume that its might makes it right."  Joseph Sobran, journalist.
up!

"The trouble with most folks isn't so much their ignorance,
as knowing so many things that just ain't so."  Josh Billings

Terrorism Explained
- it’s just a Tactic!
by Charley Reese [remix]
Terrorism is a tactic, not a Thing or a Person you can bomm.  It’s a tactic
used by people who have a political grievance and little or no military
power to fight back.  Therefore, if you want to eliminate terrorism, as the
UP! has been saying since the morning after 9/11, you have to address the
political problems that gave it birth.

President Bush has made no effort to do this.  He has aggravated the
situation and made it worse.  He's created a Sperm Bank for Terrorists.

You sow what you reap, and it’s a mug’s game to sow hatred, but the Bush
Gang has been seduced by the great power he commands.  His headspace goes
all the way back to the Romans.  He thinks the military and the
intelligence community can solve the problem of terrorism when all they can
do is deepen and widen it.  viz the Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire.

He should note carefully the situation with Israel.  As we were saying in
the last UP!

ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS FALLACIES (things that just ain't so) STALKING
OUR WORLD TODAY IS ISRAEL’S’ ADVICE TO AMERICA: THE ARABS ONLY UNDERSTAND
ONE THING:  FORCE!

Since 1947, the Israelis have been trying to use force instead of diplomacy
and some kind of Justice to solve the Palestinian problem.  And what is
that problem?  The Zionists, encouraged by the British, planted a
colonialist country in Palestine with no regard for the rights or wishes of
the Palestinian people.

And, ever since, they’ve had to keep telling “so many things that just
ain't so”.

Just as the Jews used terrorism to drive the British out of Palestine, the
Palestinians have also been forced to resort to it, and for 59 years the
Israelis have been trying to kill and lie their way out of it.

It hasn't worked.  Does anyone doubt the truth of this?!  The Palestinians
are still there.  They kill, too.  And, 100 years from now, the
Palestinians will still be there, but it's not at all certain Israel will
be.  A former head of Israeli military intelligence, among several others,
has stated that if the Palestinians are not given their own state, and
SOON, then Israel is actually committing slow-motion national suicide.

Israelis become daily more paranoid.  They are walling themselves in, on
many levels, and they clearly believe “so many things that just ain't so”
(like their ‘God’ made a deal!)  But the wall won't help.  There are
Palestinians inside the wall who hold Israeli citizenship.  There are
Palestinians in the West Bank, in Gaza, in East Jerusalem.  There are also
Palestinians in refugee camps inside the West Bank and in Lebanon, Syria
and Jordan.  And they’re all feeling more deeply and more widely terrorised.

Everyone must stop believing “many things that just ain't so”.   So long as
there is no justice for the Palestinians, there will be no peace in that
region.
up!

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006
the thirst for knowledge, tho for health rather than the much simpler wisdom
most standing-out for me, though, was a generation’s Obsession with all
aspects of health / food / medicines and all the body
chemistry.  insatiable they were, each pulling out their treasure troves of
elixirs, Japanese bees wax, Lithuanian evening primrose balms, oh it was
truly endless and the Old Hippies could only sit back and marvel at the
Pandora’s Box we’ve unleashed.  oh yes, the Dino Lifestyle is Dying, right
down to the smallest detail :)

this Thirst For Knowledge (if for Health rather than the much simpler
Wisdom) of a whole generation, along with the virus-like pandemic of Tecno
across Africa, these were probably my main observations.

below them lie scores of lesser ones.  like the young Westerners’ desire to
Help, to repay and yes, even to worship or at the very least celebrate, and
certainly revere the Ancient.  the non-Time-full.  but this may have been
happening more in their inner emotional brains than in their intellectual
brains.

another less pivotal insight, though one I’ve encountered on every trip
I’ve done, is the always startling realisation how different worlds,
different stages in History, all share this planet and date simultaneously,
side by side.  here you realise how parochial everyone is.  we Westerners
assume the world picture we get  from our media IS the world.  in Africa
you realise how parochial we are and they are.  here the news could be
about some development in Egypt while the West reports a charge of
corruption in Washington.  president Afterdinnershag visits Britain?  how
about the Chinese Trade Delegation in Libya?!  missed that one, did you?!

we all get, naturally enough (but easily forgotten in this increasingly
connected tho not necessarily always intermixing world) the angle our
position gives us, or denies us.  and beyond that, the inevitably growing
global perspective  though not what we Westerners think.  so what if Iran
wants the bomb?  will that give my fone more memory or affect the Polisario
rebels in the deep south?  will it  threaten Morocco?  of course everyone,
to a man, hates Bush.  but they mostly ignore him - until he starts a new war.

now i’ve mentioned george bush.  before I came to Morocco I seriously
considered hennahing my blond hair because, right now, and probably for the
rest of my life, it’s the only arab country I would dare to visit - but not
as a tall, blond American soldier lookalike.  thus have those stupid Bush
mobsters limited my life, it’s fukkin disastrous, the greedy ignorant
bastids!  it only takes one aggrieved muslim to pinpoint me, then
One enchanted evening,
A furious muslim stranger,
A furious muslim might shoot a stranger,
Across a crowded room, eh marketplace.

but i’m more relaxed about all that now, they’re not as angry at us as the
Iraqis after all.  and, like the Africans themselves, their religious lives
are much more forgiving than ours, on the individual level at least.  i
guess that’s where al Queda comes in, to resist the Crusaders.

as i often say to the Berbers, on this trip and previous ones, “if the
americans ever manage to run their machines off sand you guys are in
deepest shit!”
up!

World Sees US As Bigger Threat To Peace
Than Iran, Poll Finds
· Findings also show fall in support for war on terror
· Decline in America's image 'all to do with Iraq'
by Ewen MacAskill/The Guardian [remix]
People worldwide see Washington as a bigger threat to world peace than
Tehran, according to a global poll.

The Washington-based Pew Research Centre, in a poll of 17,000 people in 15
countries between March and May, found more people concerned about the US
presence in Iraq than about Iran's alleged nuclear weapons ambitions.

The Pew Centre said: "Despite growing concern over Iran's nuclear
ambitions, the US presence in Iraq is cited at least as often as Iran - and
in many countries much more often - as a danger to world peace."

This annual survey shows a continued decline in support for the US since
1999.  For most of the 20th century, the US image was relatively positive
and regularly identified with democracy, human rights and openness in spite
of criticism from the left, which reached a height during the Vietnam war,
and a residual suspicion in the Muslim world.

But favourable ratings have slumped in European countries in 1999, from 62%
to 39% (FRANCE), 78% to 37% (GERMANY), and 50% to 23% (SPAIN).  Even
Washington's closest ally is down from 83% to 56% (UK).

And in Muslim countries with which the US has traditionally enjoyed a good
relationship it’s seriously and possibly terminally down.  In Turkey - a
member of Nato  it’s down from 52% to 12%.  And in Indonesia, it’s dropped
from 75% to 30%.

"It's all because of Iraq," Carroll Doherty, associate director of the Pew
Centre, said.  US domestic polling, he continued, indicated that Americans
were well aware of how the country was perceived abroad, and the US image
has become a political issue.

The War on Terror
The survey also records a drop in support for the US-led "war on terror",
even in countries such as Spain where support for it has dropped from 26%
last year to 19% this year.

Iran a Danger?
Only in the US and Germany is Iran seen as a greater danger than the US in
Iraq.  Public opinion in 12 of the other countries - Britain, France,
Spain, Russia, Indonesia, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Pakistan, Nigeria, India
and China - cite the US presence in Iraq as being the greater
danger.  Opinion in Japan was evenly divided.

As well as Iraq and Iran, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is also high on
the list of issues that present a danger to world peace.  Public opinion in
about a third of the countries polled put it at the top of their list of
threats.

60% of UK interviewees said the Iraq war had made the world more dangerous.

On the other hand (and Jeezuz help us!) some 46% of Americans view Mr
Ahmadinejad's government as "a great danger" to stability in the Middle
East and world peace, almost double from its 26% in 2003.
up!

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006
ch-ch-changes
since i have to generalise, i guess the overall change in most of the less
travelled members is summed up by Lucy’s comment in the group tent this
evening.  “Brahim? How many kinds of spiders are there in Morocco,” she
enquired in her over-elaborate University French, but in an innocent
conversational tone that made Brahim chuckle and, catching his eye, i
grinned too.

“Mais pourquois tu demande ca?” asked our smiling guide in his practical
French, as patronisingly as any Berber can with any female.  “Because a big
yellow one just walked across my arm.”  Wow!  As I mumbled to the club
member leaning against me:  “Ten days ago that would have been a whole
evening’s Drama!”

so there’s the major change in the club ‘members’.  indeed I recall our
very first evening in Marrakech overhearing a line from Lucy as the girls
leaned over a tea urn tap of some kind:  “It’s not just a question of
microbes on it” she was authoritatively explaining, “There are swarms of
them in the air around.”  jeezuz, I thought, how do you imagine people have
lived these past hundreds of thousand of years without lip-salve?!  Alan
reckons most of the girls displayed this attitude of being in possession of
superior Knowledge.  he remembered one of the girls, who’d sat chatting
animatedly with a young Moroccan for over an hour, remarking at the end
what a wonderful conversation it had been.  until she added:  “I explained
so much to him!”!!
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o
  the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[14,116]=
Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks
recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as
  "showing signs of life".  Since recipients forward it widely to their own
lists & sites,
we conservatively estimate 50,000+ direct recipients.
A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.
And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,
    it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,
making an estimated total weekly readership of =[275,000]=
(\o/)(\o/)\(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o

Yehyeh (the one i thought last time was the village idiot but who is really
just a reticent, untalkative desert dweller) last visited Zagora 5 months
ago.  he has once visited Marrakech, 8 years ago, and didn’t like it and
may never return.  a minority of Berbers like him (a quarter, say) will
choose to retain their old lifestyle.  but most of the others LOVE the new
Tecno.  adapted to their own uses.

a good example of that (and most impressive to an old club promoter like
myself) was when Abdullah, a handsome upright young dude, pulled out some
cyber set-up thingy with 3 different speakers stacked in decks on which he
played some far out arabic stuff, or maybe of the tribe in the next
valley.  what was amazing was that he moved the 3 speakers around
continuously, like a DJ turning a record, and presumably hearing ch-
changes I couldn’t pick up.  but who in the west has ever thought of
that?!  moving speakers?!  it gave me another dizzying glimpse into
technology being interpreted and adapted around the planet and its totally
unexpected outcomes.

he was playing the elder, wonderful laffing Balleid some of the new stuff
(or so I imagined) the maybe more radical and even political stuff, cos
there was one section of loooong talking in a deep arab voice that made
your spine want to straighten.
up!

london
WED JUNE 21             BLAKESPEARE
- new settings of Blake and Shakespeare
with Michael Horovitz, Dave Russell, NIALL Mcdevitt and Liza Hayden, Billy
Wobbledagger And His Noble Kinsmen, Yo Zushi, The Blakespeare Sisters,
Xaxa, Sam Dale, MC Jazzman John Clarke.
Sounds like a unique and unmissable poetic and melodic extravaganza.
@ The Perseverence, 11 Shroton St, Marylebone.  £5/£3.  Doors 7.30pm, show
8pm.
www.MySpace/Blakespeare.com
up!

caravanseraiclub safari/morocco 2006
africa’s century
Africa’s solution is to grow back again into their natural ethnic
populations, irrespective of theoretical administration boundaries  lines
drawn in the sand by colonial powers that could never be maintained.  the
Tecno will give them this, soon the internet on their phones and a
crossflooding of information will give them this.

there’s a song Balleid has written and performs.  Mama Africa Zena which
mentions Timbuktu.  Brahim and Balleid sang it proudly together at every
impromptu concert.  yet last time I was here Brahim was a proud Berber and
Balleid a negro full stop, their lifelong friendship nevertheless staring
across a seemingly irresolvable cultural chasm that prevented them from
ever being the same.  but all this global activity seems to be working, for
now they can come together as brothers in Africa.  this is a gigantic
change!  Berbers used to keep the negroes as slaves.  yet it’s
going  fast.  thanks to all those NGOs and all the rest of it, they now
look at each other beyond the local customs.

the Soccer World Cup which is happening since I got back, is further
increasing this development.  ‘Africans’ in the ivory Coast will be
supporting ‘Africans’ from Ghana.  last time I don’t think this would have
been happening, maybe they’d have been supporting their old colonial master.

meanwhile people kept calling in from europe, threatening to arrive and
join us when we got back to Marrakech.  there was james, of course, my
oldest buddy who comes on most of the caravanserai tours and who my sanity
really needed to connect with in the flesh.  there was kim and her
boyfriend who I didn’t know.  a Dutch guy whose name I forget who never
showed up.  and there was chris whitehead who I didn’t know.

but I had one Big Experience still to go through.  a Hot Sand Bath!  they
kept telling me I had a cold in my kidneys.  now I don’t know about you but
I associate a cold with a drippy nose and I know my kidneys don’t even have
a nose.  so then they’d explain that I had this cold, damp, dark place on
my right side  obviously earned in cold damp dark Britain, which made more
sense.  so, at 4 in the afternoon when the sun is cooler but the sand is
heated to its furthest depth, they dug a long trench in the sand dunes like
they’re gonna bury a coffin.  i lay down innit, and they refilled, leaving
only my head clear.  Sand Burial.  there I lay, under a foot of warm sand
as the pressure and the heat soaked through my whole body.  wow.  I felt
england drying up, disappearing as this wonderful warm feeling of
contentment-in-my-body spread munificently through me.  i can tell you, an
unease I’ve been feeling down there these past few years has gone,
hopefully forever, though I’ve been advised to get hold of a kidney warmer
b4 net winter - ever heard of those?!
up!

a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d
which don't justify nuttin'
U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P PP P P P P P P P P
P P P P P P
YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU!This HipList grows purely by recommendation.
SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
TO DEBATE ANYTHING in the UP!, visit the GroupMind Debating Board on
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM
YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWSN VIEWS no need to ask! :-)
FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, VISIT
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P PP P P P P P P P
P P P P P P