[pagan-magik] UP! EMERGENCY// Hunger Strike Set To End Iraq War// June 30 06.

fraser fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Fri Jun 30 02:28:28 BST 2006

"A small body of determined spirits, fired by an unquenchable faith
in their mission, can alter the course of history."  Mahatma Gandhi.

Hunger Strike
Set To End Iraq War

Cindy Sheehan, Dick Gregory, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn and Hundreds More
Will Launch the TROOPS HOME FAST on July 4th.

"I plan to take this as far as I've ever taken anything
in my 58  years.  I fear our future is at stake,
and I'm ready to make a major sacrifice."
Diane Wilson, who has engaged in several hunger strikes in her history as
an environmental activist.

MONDAY JULY 3, 2006 @ 5pm, CODEPINK:  Women for Peace, Global Exchange and
Gold Star Families for Peace will sit down in front of the White House to
eat their last meal and hold a press conference.

TUESDAY JULY 4, 2006 @ 10am: - they begin the fast at the same location.

LET'S FACE IT - we've campaigned, marched in our millions, held vigils,
lobbied Congress & Parliament, camped out at Bush's ranch.  Some have even
gone to jail.

Now it's time to do more, says peace mom Cindy Sheehan.  While others are
celebrating July 4th, we'll be showing our patriotism by putting our bodies
on the line to bring the troops home.

Hundreds of celebrities, veterans, mothers, and concerned citizens across
the country will participate in a rolling fast.  Strikers include musicians
Willie Nelson and Michael Franti, actors Danny Glover, Sean Penn and Susan
Sarandon, Gold Star parents Cindy Sheehan and Fernando Suarez, legendary
faster and comedian Dick Gregory, environmental activist Diane Wilson, Iraq
war veteran Geoffrey Millard and Gulf War vet Michael McPherson, labor
leader Dolores Huerta and CODEPINK cofounders Medea Benjamin, Jodie Evans
and Gael Murphy.

To honour a long, rich history of fasts for political purposes, and
claiming their place among the Suffragettes, Mahatma Gandhi, Cesar Chavez,
and Vietnames Buddhist monks, some of whom also self-immolated for peace,
the fasters will gather at the Gandhi Memorial Statue at Massachusetts and
21st NW on July 3 at 3pm, then march to Pennsylvania Avenue for the meal
and press conference at 5pm.
In other parts of the US, people will engage in rolling fasts, passing the
fast from person to person every 24 hours.

Diane Wilson, who has engaged in several hunger strikes in her history as
an environmental activist, says she will not set an end date to her
fast.  "My goal is to bring the troops home. I don't know how long I can
fast, but I'm making this open- ended.  I plan to take this as far as I've
ever taken anything in my 58 years.  I fear our future is at stake, and I'm
ready to make a major sacrifice".

The fast will last until September 21, International Peace Day, when
activists around the country will initiate a week of nonviolent actions
against the war as part of the Declaration of Peace.

Please support the Hunger Strike in your hometown and encourage your
friends to do the same!  INFO, including a full list of fasters:
www.troopshomefast.org.
up!

BE ADVISED: The National Security Agency may have read this email without
warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly without probable cause or much
or any judicial or legislative oversight.  This is to inform you that you
have no recourse or protection save to help in every way possible to bring
about the impeachment of President G. Bush.