[pagan-magik] UP! 274// Future-Time Travelers 'could be here in WEEKS!//04 03 08

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Tue Mar 4 01:05:18 GMT 2008

*TURN ON** COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FUNLEASHED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE
OVER!*
[DESIGNED, AND BEST READ, AS A FULL PAGE SPREAD]
*

*
*ONLY DAYS AWAY FROM THE FIRST PUBLIC APPEARANCE*
* OF **FRASER CLARK'S** "SCI-FIDELITY TIMEDANCING RAVE OPERA"*
* 'MEGATRIPOLIS at FOREVER',*
* COMES HARD SCIENTIFIC NEWS THAT...*
* *
* Future-Time Travelers*
*'could be here in WEEKS!'*
** DAILY TELEGRAPH//NEW SCIENTIST 02  08  08:
The first time travellers from the future could materialise on Earth
within a few weeks.

Physicists around the world are excitedly awaiting the start up of the
£4.65 billion Large Hadron Collider, LHC - the most powerful
atom-smasher ever built - which is supposed to shed new light on the
particles and forces at work in the cosmos, and reproduce conditions
that date to near the Big Bang of creation.

Prof Irina Aref'eva and Dr Igor Volovich, mathematical physicists at the
Steklov Mathematical Institute in Moscow, believe that the vast
experiment at CERN, the European particle physics centre near Geneva in
Switzerland, may turn out to be the world's first time machine, reports
New Scientist.

The debut in early summer could provide a landmark because travelling
into the past is only possible - if it is possible at all - as far back
as the point of creation of the first time machine.
> > nonsense of course, but the point is the scientists are getting closer.

That means 2008 is "Year Zero" for temporal travel, they argue.

Ever since 1949 when Kurt Gödel used his colleague Albert Einstein's
theory of relativity to show that travel into the past was possible,
eminent physicists have argued against time travel because it undermines
ideas of cause and effect to create paradoxes: a time traveller could go
back to kill his grandfather so that he is never born in the first place.
> > naw naw, he obviously couldn't have killed himself cos if he had he
couldn't have killed himself it's self-evident innit! :D

But the Russians argue that, when the energies of the LHC are
concentrated into a subatomic particle - a trillionth the size of a
mosquito - they can do strange things to the fabric of the universe,
which is a blend of space and time that scientists called spacetime.

While Earth's gravity produces gentle distortions in spacetime the LHC
energy can distort time so much that it loops back on itself.  These
loops are known to physicists as "closed timelike curves" and they
ought, at least in theory, to allow us to revisit some past moment.

If a blend of colliding particles and phantom energy does create a
wormhole in Geneva this year, an advanced civilisation could find it in
their history books, pinpoint the moment, and take advantage of their
technology to pay us a visit.

A leading scientist who believes that time travel may be possible, Prof
David Deutsch of Oxford University, comments: "It's speculative in the
extreme, but not cranky. For various reasons I don't think the mechanism
they propose would provide a pathway for messages from the future even
if their speculations are true."

Dr Brian Cox of the University of Manchester adds: "The energies of
billions of cosmic rays that have been hitting the Earth's atmosphere
for five billion years far exceed those we will create at the LHC, so by
this logic time travellers should be here already."
> > precisely :)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/earth/2008/02/06/scitime106.xml
<http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/earth/2008/02/06/scitime106.xml>
UP! "Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are
where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."  Henry David
Thoreau.
****

*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)**(\o//**)(\o/)(\**o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
All truth passes through 3 stages.*          Get UP!  /Stand Up For Your
Rights! /**/(and everybody else's too of course! :)/*
1, it's ridiculed.                            */u can't understand the
world without innerstanding yourself/*
** 2, it's violently opposed.                            the  *UP!**
274**                                    **    **
   *- a viewspaper  04 03 08* **  *
**3, it's accepted as being self-evident.              ---- /LA- LA- LA-
LAP-TOPPLING DA SYSTEM! ---///
***/u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world/*
*Get UP!  /And Don't Give Up The Fight! /**/(only we don't mean
violence, ok? :)/*
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)**(\o//)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
FEATURING /exclusive re-writes & re-mixes of da freshest deepest hacks
ancient & modern ,and/
/SAMPLES// from media & mentalities all over, & all bubbling //up!
//from da public DNA Herself!/
*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)****(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
**
**** **
*ear Fraser,*
*YOU do **content and contact** very well.*
*YOU are real and that comes across.*
*YOU are regular (if sometimes sporadic
due to your insistence **on actually living your life. :-)*
**
*YOU are good with content as well. *
**
*AND you have a big list.  Now to get them to interact,
to **respond that is, that's a lot harder.*
**
*You see your list is you.  It's what you created in form.*
*You are getting what you are giving - the internet guru*
*marketing community are milking the latest BizzBuzz*
*or the 'law of attraction' as it's being called.
Only these **tough little collegeday dudes - all tricksy and bravado
- are **missing the point.  **For familiarity** they sacrifice reality*
*which is the number one selling point with the food-seeking **flock
out there (that's content) and cheap familiar food has a **price
in low % take-up on 'valuable knowledge' and also their*
*subscriptions to services.*
**
*The grown-up flock has a distinct liking for fresh food.  **Regurgitated,
half-digested food is babyfood.  Hunters need **more fresh food
which requires, in information terms (digital), **the presence of
a human being.  That's a real woman or man.*
*The flock want news, change and personality. Their need to **hear
about celebrities is because they have personality - **they are real
outside the Homer Simpson pastiche.  There is **a dearth of real people
- everybody has become a clerk for an **authority of some kind.
Forms, statutes, acts and rulebooks **proliferate as a mire
you must move through to just pay something or **say something.*
**
*Originality is sorely missing in the patch-up adsense carriers*
*that flood the Net, as is taste and humour.*
*Lots of love,*
*Jackie McKay, London.
*UP! "People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a
confession of character."  Ralph Waldo Emerson.******** **
******
**

*_contents_***
****/[click down screens to get there.  u r on screen 5 :]/
//
screen 06   _The 7 Steps to Revolution_ - when mere "CHANGE" Is Not
Enough...
screen 13  Going Raw: Fraser's DAILY DIARY and conclusions
screen 18   SAT, FEB 23, 2008:  Launch of the Psychedelic Era!
screen 20   FEEDBACK:  Fraser Takes on an Islamophobe
screen 26   The Vanishing Establishment - The Continuing Fall of the
Dinosaurs
UP!

//
*\)**)**)**)**)**(**/*
*____,,,,**_{**ô**¿**ô**}_,,,,_*fraser

_When Mere "CHANGE" Is Not Enough: _
_The 7 Steps to Revolution_

"Those who make peaceful evolution impossible
make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

2008 isn't anything like politics as usual
There's something implacable, earnest, and righteously angry in the air
which raises all kinds of questions for burned-out Boomers and jaded Gen
Xers
who've been ground down to the stump by the mostly losing battles of the
past 30 years.
Can it be - FINALLY! - that Americans have, simply, had enough?
Do we dare to raise our hopes that this time, we're going to finally win
a few?

We may be far more ready for far more change than anyone really believes
is possible at this moment.
According to some sociologists, we've already lined up all the
preconditions that have historically set the stage for full-fledged
revolution.
Crane Brinton laid out seven "tentative uniformities" that were the
common precursors for the Puritan, American, French, and Russian
Revolutions.
Those same precursors are now precisely lined up in America in 2008.
They create the perfect social, economic, and political conditions for
the biggest revolution ever.
Here they are, along with the reasons why we're fulfilling each of them
now, and how conservative policies conspired to put us on the road to
possible REVOLUTION!

1. Soaring,  Then Crashing
Revolutions don't happen in traditional, stable and static societies -
where people have their place, things are as they've always been, and
nobody expects any of that to change.  Rather, modern revolutions -
particularly the progressive-minded ones in which people emerge from the
fray with greater rights and equality "are most likely to occur when a
prolonged period of objective economic and social development is
followed by a short period of sharp reversal.  The all-important effect
on the minds of people in a particular society is to produce, during the
former period, an expectation of continued ability to satisfy needs --
which continue to rise -- and, during the latter, a mental state of
anxiety and frustration when manifest reality breaks away from
anticipated reality ...

"Political stability and instability are ultimately dependent on a state
of mind, a mood, in society.  It is the dissatisfied state of mind
rather than the tangible provision of 'adequate' or 'inadequate'
supplies of food, equality, or liberty which produces the revolution."

The average American has seen his or her standard of living contract by
fits and starts since about 1972.  This fall-off that was relieved
somewhat by the transition to two-earner households and the economic
sunshine of the Clinton years - but then accelerated with the dot-com
crash, followed by seven years of Bush's overt hostility toward the
lower 98% of Americans who aren't part of his base.

Working-class America is reeling from the mass exodus of manufacturing
jobs and the scourge of predatory lending; middle-class America is being
hollowed out by health-care bankruptcies, higher college costs, and a
tax load far heavier than that of the richest 2%.  These people expected
to do better than their parents.  Now, they're screwed every direction
they turn.

2.  They Call It A Class War
Progressive modern democracies, says Davies, run on mutual trust between
classes and a shared vision of the common good that binds widely
disparate groups together.

Liberals don't like flat hierarchies, racial and religious tolerance,
and easy class mobility because they're soft-headed.  Unlike
short-sighted conservatives, they understand that _tight social cohesion
is the most reliable and powerful bulwark against the kinds of
revolutions that bring down great economies, nations and cultures_.

In virtually all historical examples, the stage for revolution was set
when the upper classes broke faith with society's other groups, and
began to openly prey on them in ways that threatened their very future.
Not surprisingly, the other groups soon united, took up arms, and rebelled.

Conservative policies have opened the wealth gap to Depression levels;
put workers at the total mercy of their employers; and deprived the
working and middle classes of access to education, home ownership,
health care, capital, legal redress, and their expectations of a better
future for their kids.

3. Deserted Intellectuals
Mere unrest among the working and middle classes isn't enough.
Revolutions require leaders, who always come from the professional and
intellectual classes.  In most times and places, these groups (which
also include military officers) usually enjoy comfortable ties to the
upper classes, and access to a certain level of power.  But if those
connections become frayed and weak, and the disaffected intellectuals
make common cause with the lower classes, revolution becomes almost
inevitable.

Both the Boomers (now in their late 40s to early 60s) and Generation X
(now in their late 20s to late 40s) were raised in an economically
advancing nation that was rich with opportunity and expectation.  They
spent their childhoods in what were then still the world's best schools;
and students of every class worked hard to position ourselves for what
they (and their parents and teachers) expected would be very successful
adult careers.  They had every reason to believe that, no matter where
they started, important leadership roles awaited them in education,
government, the media, business, research, the arts, and other
institutions.

And yet, when they finally graduated and went to work, they found those
institutions being sold out from under them to a newly-emerging group of
social and economic conservatives who didn't share their broad vision of
common decency and the common good; and who were often so corrupted or
so sociopathic that the working environments they created were simply
unendurable.  If wealth, prestige, and power came at the price of their
principles, they often chose instead to take lower-paying work, live
small, and stay true to themselves, like the Hippies even earlier.

These thwarted expectations have been the driving arc of their adult
lives.  But they've never lost the sense that it was a choice that the
America they grew up in would never have asked them to make.  Such are,
in Davies' terms, "deserted intellectuals" -- a class that is always at
extremely high risk for fomenting revolution whenever it appears in
history.

Davies says that revolutions catalyse when these deserted intellectuals
make common cause with the lower classes.  And much of the energy of
this election is coming right out of that emerging alliance.  Between
their galvanising frustration with George Bush, their shared fury at the
war, and the new connections forged by bloggers and organizers, that
alliance has now congealed into the determinedly change-minded movements
we're seeing this election cycle.

4. Incompetent Government
There's never been a modern revolution that didn't start against a
backdrop of atrocious government malfeasance in the face of
precipitously declining fortunes.  From George III's onerous taxes to
Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake," revolutions begin when stubborn
aristocrats heap fuel on the fire by blithely disregarding the falling
fortunes of their once-prosperous citizens.

Conservatives invariably govern badly because they don't really believe
that government should exist at all.  Such conflicted (if not outright
hostile) attitude toward government can only produce bad management, bad
policy, and eventually such horrendously bad social and economic
outcomes that people are forced into the streets to hold their leaders
to account.

America is getting dangerously close to that point now.  Between a
corporate-owned Congress and the spectacularly bad judgment of Bush's
executive branch, there's never been a government in American history
more inept, corrupt, and criminally negligent than this one - or more
shockingly out of touch with what the average American is going
through.  Just ask anyone from New Orleans -- or anyone who has a
relative in the military.

5. Gutless Wonders in the Ruling Class
Revolution becomes necessary when the ruling classes fail in their duty
to lead.  Most of the major modern political revolutions occurred at
moments when the world was changing rapidly -- and the country's leaders
dealt with it by dropping back into denial and clinging defiantly to the
old, profitable, and familiar status quo.  New technologies, new ideas,
and new economic opportunities were emerging; and there came a time when
ignoring them was no longer an option.  When the leaders failed to step
forward boldly to lead their people through the looming and necessary
transformations, the people rebelled.

Today, global warming and overwhelming pollution are forcing us to
reconsider the very way we occupy the world, altering our relationship
to food, water, air, soil, energy, and each other.  The transition off
carbon-based fuels and away from non-recyclable goods is going to
re-structure our entire economy.  Computers are still creating social
and business transformations; biotech and nanotech will only accelerate
that.  More and more people in the industrialised world are feeling a
spiritual void, and coming to believe that moving away from consumerism
and toward community may be an important step in recovering that
nameless thing they've lost.

And, in the teeth of this restless drift toward inevitable change,
America has been governed by a bunch of conservative dinosaurs who can't
even bring themselves to acknowledge that the 20th century is over.
(Some of them, in fact, are still trying to turn back the Enlightenment.)

Which is why, every time our current crop of so-called leaders open
their mouths to propose a policy or Explain It All To Us, it's
embarrassingly obvious that they don't have the vision, intelligence, or
courage to face the future that everyone can clearly see bearing down on
us.  Their persistent cluelessness infuriates us - and terrifies us.
It's all too clear that these people are a waste of our tax money: they
will never take us where we need to go.

Historically, this same seething fury at incompetent, unimaginative,
cowardly leaders - and the dawning realisation that our survival depends
on seizing the lead for ourselves - has been the spark that's ignited
many a violent uprising.

6. Fiscal Irresponsibility
As we've seen, revolutions follow in the wake of national economic
reversals.  Almost always, these reversals occur when inept and corrupt
governments mismanage the national economy to the point of indebtedness,
bankruptcy, and currency collapse.

There's a growing consensus on both the left and right that America is
now heading into the biggest financial contraction ever.  Liberal
critics have seen coming for years, as conservatives systematically
dismantled the economic foundations.  Good-paying jobs went offshore.
Domestic investments in infrastructure and education were diverted to
the war machine.  Government oversight of banks and securities was
blinded.  Vast sections of the economy were sold off to the Saudis for
oil, or to the Chinese for cheap consumer goods and money to finance tax
cuts for the wealthy.

The current recession is the bill come due for 28 years of Republican
financial malfeasance.  It's also another way in which conservatives
themselves have unwittingly set up the historical preconditions for
revolution.

7. Inept and Inconsistent Use of Force
The final criterion for revolution is this: The government no longer
exercises force in a way that people find fair or consistent.  And this
can happen in all kinds of ways.

Domestically, there's uneven sentencing, where some people get the
maximum and others get cut loose without penalty - and neither outcome
has any connection to the actual circumstances of the crime (though it
often correlates all too closely with race, class, and the ability to
afford a good lawyer).

Unchecked police brutality (tasers, for example) that hardens public
perception against the constabulary.  Unwarranted police surveillance
and legal harassment of law-abiding citizens going about their
business.  Different kinds of law enforcement for different
neighbourhoods.  The use of government force to silence critics.  And
let's not forget the unconstitutional restriction of free speech and
free assembly rights.

Abroad, there's the misuse of military force, which forces the country
to pour its blood and treasure into misadventures that offer no clear
advantage for the nation.  These misadventures not only reduce the
country's international prestige and contribute to economic declines;
they often create a class of displaced soldiers who return home with
both the skills and the motivation to turn political unrest into a
full-fledged shooting war.

This kind of capricious, irrational ineptitude in deploying government
force leads to public contempt for the power of the state, and leads the
governed to withdraw their consent.  And, eventually, it also raises
people's determination to stand together to oppose state power.  That
growing solidarity and fearlessness - along with the resigned knowledge
that equal-opportunity goons will brutalise loyalists and rebels alike,
so you might as well be a dead lion rather than a live lamb -- is the
final factor that catalyses ordinary citizens into ready and willing
revolutionaries.
[Sara Robinson, Campaign for America's Future]
http://www.alternet.org/story/77498/
up!

One in a Hundred American are IN JAIL!
Right now.
This is unprecedented in American history.
Not even communist Russia or China, at the height of their
dictatorships, had anywhere near as many people in jail.

What's going on?

We better start figuring it out because there is every indication and
Bush & Friends want to push those numbers even higher.
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/282.html
UP! "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say"
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Fraser!
Your local galactic psycho-profile shows that
you have achieved complete nutter status.
Well done from the galactic Nutter team.
D. James, London & Paris.
> > it is with a great sense of humility that i accept this award:)
UP!

Going Raw
Fraser Gets SooperFrased

A DAILY DIARY
the day after my "quality time" with ms magic (during which i didn't
take notes) i did a loada shopping.  it was fun, which was something i
hadn't expected.  i loaded up with cherry red tomatoes, rocket salad
leaves, plump avocados, squishy bananas (cos they were cheap), tahini,
dark rye bread, organic scottish oatcakes, mango juice, and soya milk
because i was in a supermarket and couldn't find any of the alternative
alternatives ms magic had recommended.

my superfoods parcel from ms magic contained bee pollen which i
sprinkled on my regular "muesli base" porridge when i got home from
walking the dog.  nice and honeycrunchy, i can still taste it.

the old blender i'd excavated from the attic was so noisy that i was
afraid to use it for long that night.  so the blend was quite mushy,
with bits of sloopy avocado or banana i couldn't tell as i munched the
cold stuff and dipped my remaining wheat bread and butter in it.  washed
down with the fruit juice.

the best part was that it felt like a PICNIC, the shopping and stuff i
mean. PICNICS ARE WHEN 'CIVILISED PEOPLE' EAT UNCOOKED FOODS, RIGHT?

MAKE YOUR LIFE A PICNIC!  GO RAW!  that should be the raw food
movement's banner.  (my usual 10% :)

3^rd day
i bought a new blender at Argos, cheapest one £9.
but it was just as noisy as the old one.
i'd really been looking forward to blending the thing properly, and I'd
bought some cabbage, and some dates, to shred in with the last of my
avocados, plus banana, plus a whole tomato and at last I can blend in
the rocket salad too.  but it didn't work.  it seems to froth everything
below (yes, i added some oat milk to make more of a liquid) but all the
bigger stuff (like a whole tomato and the lettuce) just stay at the
top;  tomorrow I must check whether the blender actually creates a
current which, if I left it on long enuff, would eventually blend the
whole lot.  or whether it will just go on till the bottom layer is pure
froth.  as it was, the eventual meal had crunchy bits and blobs and I
wasn't nuts about it.  on the other hand, do i want a pure liquid?
again I ate it with the second half of my wheat loaf and butter.  but I
added the tahini this time, which added a nice flavour, but it was still
waaay too like crunchy salad for my tastes.

4^th day
the habitual slight tiredness I'd started to feel even at the best of
times and had begun to accept as one of the prices of aging (which I'd
actually read somewhere!) has lifted.  i don't feel it!  but is it
because i made a tidy little sum of money yesterday!?

my foot feels better today also, and i walked, with the painter Tony
Jennings, all the way into Camden, a good mile and a half and easily the
furthest I've walked on concrete since I got back from morocco in october.

already I KNOW that I've changed my life habits forever.  when I compare
the hour I used to spend cooking a 'regular' meal of meat, potato and 2
veg with the 10 minutes it now takes, and the 100% obvious fact that
it's fizzing with living freshly released nutrition is undeniable, and
why would I want to deny it?!  i may occasionally cook meals again but
it will definitely NOT be my habit.

for snacks, am enjoying the Trail Mix from my magic parcel - nuts, beans
and stuff that's actually not as crunchy as i'd feared.  and PERFECT as
a little palm-full whenever i would have reached for a biscuit.
and the south american chocolate, of course, tho it's very strong, and
you really can't eat too much of it.  goes with coffee quite well tho,
and a cigarette. yes, am continuing with my morning coffee after dog
walk in the park.  and with smoking.

when i excitedly mention the raw thing to friends i immediately say this
to myself:  don't become a raw food bore, frase.

5th Day
bluddy blender!  the heavier stuff stays at the top and doesn't get
mooshed, and i have to stop the machine and tamp it down with a spoon
several times. but the secondary thing that came up tonight, abut an
hour after tonight's raw gloop, was this realisation: i can't picnic all
the time!  i need something, uh, heavier?  can i really contemplate cold
(or even warmed) moosh every night for the rest of my life?!  i'm having
a wee crisis my dear.
sorta need something more quantitative to munch on.  meat?

i boiled some potatoes tonight, mooshed up a buncha spinach and lettuce,
and threw that and the remains of yesterday's gloop in the pan and
slightly heated.  fabulous - especially after 2 nights of cold gloop
which a part of me has really started to (subconsciously?) HATE.  so
feel real nice :)  even smug.

AND, at ms magic's suggesting, i bought a pound of plums and whooshed
them up with an orange and some of the mixed juice i also bought today.
tomorrow i'll throw in the orange skin too, again at ms magic's suggest.
i seem to have maybe hit the next gear and things are looking up again.

6^th day
purchased an onion, carrots and a bag of pickled baby beetroots today.
been sleeping late the last 3 days, though filled with energy the night
before.  the weather is as likely to blame as going (somewhat) raw.
anyway i didn't feel great today.  find I really can't face a cold slop
again.  so i've boiled some more potatoes which I'm later going to fry
(maybe in butter?) and then mix in the veggy gloop and slightly heat:
with some nameless green powder from my sooperfoods parcel  .  Raw
Picnic with Fries!
oh, the AROMA of frying! the sweet bitter rank of melted butter!  HOW
COULD ONE EVER TURN ONE'S BACK ON THAT FOREVER?!  full tummy.  feels
good.  my stomach needs some quantity as well as quality i guess.  must
be a great way to lose weight tho!  still can't get the fuggin blender
to do all the stuff.  have run out of rocket leaves after tonight.
am running out of chocolate, trail mix and maybe goji berries which I
put in my porridge did i mention those little beauts?

7^th Day
not a great day.  felt a bit lifeless, weather lousy.  had my usual
breakfast around 4pm and then didn't feel like an evening meal at all.
so just snacked on the trail mix and finished the south ameican
chocolate and then had bread and cheese and honey sandwiches with a big
cuppa tea in the late evening.  the IDEA of going fulltime raw makes me
shudder now, tho more rawness definitely has its place. oh, and the
green powder is wheatgrass.

9^th Day
visited the butchers to get some chicken bits I could share with the dog
and met an old friend buying the shop's best frying steak.  so bought a
slice for £2.  had it in the evening with fried potatoes again and with
raw sloop which I mixed in with the 'chips.'  that actually works very
well for me, at the moment anyway.

oh and i bought celery sticks today and, when i was trying to get the
gloop to blend down, i was able to stick a celery through the hole at
the top and use it to tamp the stuff down, and then let the blades
consume the bottom half of the stick.  quite exciting!
continue with only herbal snackies.  have run out of chocolate, but have
followed ms magic's advice and i throw a half dozen chocolate beans into
my fruit blends, giving an arresting chocolate drizzle across the back
of your mouth :)  yummy :)

11^th Day
the slop seems slightly more appealing tonight.  the blender's working
better now that i put the soft stuff in first, add enough water so it's
a liquid and then, when the heavier stuff is added, it SINKS down to the
eager blades.

i've been having a crisis the last 2 days or so, caused by the IDEA that
I only eat raw for the rest of my life!  well, am surely NOT going to do
that.  but I see and feel the point behind it.
i think I'll have a go at what ms magic told me about a soup.  you make
the slop and then heat it till warm, but without cooking,  i can handle
that I'm sure.

12th Day
the 'soup' was excellent!  i could EASILY do that once or twice a week,
adding other inneresting stuff as it occurred to me or showed up in the
shops.
and the fruit blend with half the orange skin was fookin excellent too!
the skin does make an inneresting difference, slightly more real or
something.  less disney, more funky :)  smoothies forever!  and the
skins heal something and the pips heal something else, am told.

my unending conclusions on the raw food issue
am not sure whether my sooperrawfood experiment is over or not.  it IS
and it's NOT.
i think they're marketing it somewhat wrongly.  they've made it into a
'THING,' a Cult, when the message really is to GET A GOOD BIT MORE RAW.
why?
it's fun like a picnic!
it saves time!
it's dead cheap!
it's undeniably fizzing with live nutrition!

today, the 14th day, i drank the full gloop straight from the blender
while following some hot news on tv.  took 5 minutes where a meal would
have taken an hour.  and i rather liked it.

and shall unquestionably do this AT LEAST  2 nights per week.  why on
earth not?!  u can add any spices or tastes you like and just drink it
down in 2 minutes, with bread and butter or whatever turns you on.

and another night i'll have it as a soup.  tonight, for example, i added
the gloop to a stock from boiling up some beef bits for the dog, it's
cold out there and a good chicken soup seems about right, yet all the
content was almost raw and stuffed with goodness right?

and the smoothies are starting to replace my regular teas or coffees.  i
make up enough for a couple of glasses each day and spontaneously buy
fruit as i pass.

my undying (?) thanks to ms magique for this nudge in a direction that
was sitting there all this time :)  we get so habituated to our regular
behaviours!  i recommend their magic package to get you started and
then, by the time that's run out, you'll have found your own balance
with the raw issue.

oh, and my former habitual slight tiredness has stayed away.
UP! "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."  Voltaire.

SAT, FEB 23, 2008
Launch of the Psychedelic Era
SAT, FEB 23, 2008, marked the first experimental session of Dr. John
Halpern's _study of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy in twelve subjects with
treatment-resistant anxiety associated with advanced-stage cancer
<http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/canceranxiety/irb-protocol/>_ (or PDF
<http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/canceranxiety/protocolirb.pdf>).
This follows more than a decade of hard work, and was the first time in
42 years that a psychedelic was legally administered to a research
subject at Harvard Medical School.

[Dr. Walter Pahnke, who conducted the classic _Good Friday experiment
<http://www.maps.org/books/pahnke/index.html>_ in 1962, reported on the
conclusion of his psilocybin research at Harvard in _an unpublished
paper written in 1966 <http://www.maps.org/mdma/Pahnke1966Report.pdf>_
(PDF)]

Dr. Halpern is also currently conducting a major 5-year NIDA-funded
study into the neurocognitive risks of heavy use of Ecstasy, enhancing
his ability to balance the risks and benefits of MDMA.  This historic
start of the MDMA/cancer anxiety study was aided by the members of
Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) at both the Lahey Clinic Medical
Center and McLean Hospital, both institutions' administrators and staff,
and federal regulatory officials at FDA and even DEA.   The study's
$250,000 budget is funded by Mr. Peter Lewis through a direct grant to
McLean Hospital.  MAPS assisted Dr. Halpern in the protocol design and
approval process.

With this renaissance in psychedelic research, the Psychedelic Era has
begun.  No more self-evident sign of the passing of the Dinosaur Era
could be envisaged.  Inner Space is the New Frontier.

The promising results from MAPS'  _US MDMA/PTSD research
<http://www.maps.org/mdma/protocol/index.html>_, and the start of Dr.
Halpern's MDMA/cancer anxiety study, suggest that the eventual _approval
of psychedelic psychotherapy
<http://www.maps.org/research/mdmaplan.html>_ is becoming more than a dream.
http://www.maps.org/mdma/protocol/index.html
UP! "Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers."  Voltaire.

*Oscar Rejects Juno, Goes for Violence*
DON'T THEY KNOW THE DINO ERA IS OVER?!
The Oscar trend continues with members of the Academy seemingly living
on a different planet than the film-going public.

Mostly shunned at the 80th Annual Academy Awards was the uplifting,
light-hearted surprise hit "Juno" (though it did win Best Original
Screenplay), but honored with major awards were two dark and violent
offerings; this despite the fact that "Juno" had a significantly greater
box-office take than any of its competitors.

"No Country for Old Men," a story about an insane murderer, took Best
Supporting Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Picture trophies,.
"There Will Be Blood," the tale of a brutally sadistic oil tycoon, was
the recipient of Best Cinematography and Best Actor gold statues.

Hollywood ignored the box office and turned a blind eye to a recent
Reuters/E-Poll survey as well, one in which "Juno" beat the competition
again.  In a poll of 1,100 adults, 29% of respondents chose "Juno" for
best picture; 25% picked "No Country For Old Men"; and 20% chose
"Atonement."

More significantly, the survey confirmed the growing gap between fans
and Academy voters.  About 72% said the Academy's best film choices were
influenced by critics and Hollywood insiders.
UP! "By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to
be boss and work twelve hours a day."  Robert Frost.

*(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)*
***T**E**X**T **J**O**C**K**E**Y //**TJ PHRASER (**Fraser Clark**) & THE
**MEDIA EVOLUTION*
***MIXING THE **TRACTS** LIVE ON THE **KEYBOARD*
***@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF **160 IPP * * **Ideas Per Paragraph*
***_TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE_**, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO
**fraser at parallel-youniversity.com*
***TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX*
***(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/*

FEEDBACK
* Hi Fraser, I always thought that St Valentine was Valentinus, the
Gnostic who almost became pope in the 2nd century AD.
**http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/valentinus.htm
***chris stone, london.
UP!

*News of Christiana*
**
* *http://www.balther.dk/ckvideo/billeder.html
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TUG_su9ym8s
UP!

FEEDBACK:  Fraser Takes on an Islamophobe
> "The fact that the head of the Anglican Church cannot say something
> positive in support of the legitimate needs of Muslims without being
> vilified highlights that Islam and Muslims are not considered equal in
> this society."  Islamic Human Rights Commission Chairman, Massoud
> Shadjareh.
> UP!
*You're still fuggin doing it.  Siding with the loony towel head morons.
> > spot on, massoud.  u certainly flushed this one out :)

I fuggin give up on you, you seem incapable of understanding anything if
it's got something to do with religion, and there you go quoting some
jumped up self elected, woman fearing/hating arsehole who was just
waiting for another excuse to start whining how muslims are being
treated as second class citizens.
> > i apologise on behalf of britain, massoud.

Rowan the airy-fairy is a total lamebrain,
> > for folks who don't know, peter is not an aging conservative colonel,
i don't even think he reads the SUN :)

and he was rightly attacked for coming out with such ludicrous shit as
'we should accept that sharia law is going to be part of British law'.
Yeah right, we need a judicial system that is respected and admired
across the world brought down to the level of Pakistani peasants
> > sharia, of course, as the bishop said, having nothing to do with
pakistani cultural oddities.  that's like talking about sheepshagging as
being christian because some do it in southern ireland.  facing
jerusalem praps?

and their deranged, backward religion which stones people to death for
loving someone they don't approve of, cuts off hands, and heads, and
makes a public spectacle of it! You haven't just lost the plot, you
never knew it.
> > i was burned to death in seven consecutive lifetimes by closed minded
xtian arseholes as u were then i can tell u.

And the sad thing is, you and the countless PC clones who still cling to
this ludicrous doctrine of multiculturalism still don't see where it's
all heading.
> > and u do.  they're all shagging like dogs to increase their
population and impose sharia right?  the trubble with angry ex xtian
atheists like you (atheism being merely the dark shadow of the former
religious delusion) is that you so easily forget how utterly ruthless
the xtians are.  u think they will stand by and let anything like that
remotely happen?!  they will rise, wearing their BRITISH & PROUD!" free
SUN t-shirts, if your promised day ever got near, and murder pillage and
rape the whole lot of them (it's in your xtian DNA bro!) (WHILE TELLING
THEMSELVES IT'S FOR THE POOR BASTIDS' GOOD) before sticking their
twitching bodies on boats and shipping them 'home' along with an army to
stop the egyptians from interfering :)  wake up and smell the burning
afghanis brother.

Already there is a stirring against muslim,
LIKE I WAS SAYING!!  and idiotic rants like yours are fanning the flames.

they have been too pushy and vociferous by far for newly arrived people
depending on our generosity, they seem to think they have the right to
demand, they haven't.
> > nobody really noticed them or heard them b4 9/11.  why?  because they
WERE silently fitting in and keeping to themselves but, after 9/11, WE
turned on THEM.  and, brother, then their fanatics really started to
make some headway among them.  indeed the fanatics on 'our' side started
making headway too!

This reaction to the senile old frock wearer was the letting out of
steam from an overstretched boiler, but the pressure will still build,
and one day, it will have got to such a pitch that the BNP will gain
power, institute racist laws and then it will explode on the streets,
inter-ethnic violence this country has never seen before.
> > this WAS your picture!  but u forgot about the shagging.  why?
because that would take another 20 years minimum which wouldn't fit into
the paranoid calendar you're advocating?

You want that? You want your friends the muslims to be butchered by
racist gangs with the backing of a right wing government? I too am
minded of the Tiber red with blood [Enoch Powell's actual words, not
rivers of blood] he too saw the future.
> > it's YOUR ignorant fear-fueled racist attitudes that will make it
happen.  i know several post-religion muslim ravers (we're ALL emerging
from our own religious indoctrination) who WANT to stay well clear of
the whole thing but do u reckon attitudes like yours are strengthening
their resolution?!

When Penny was last in London, she got several taxis out of necessity,
and they all spoke virulently against recent immigrants and particularly
muslims. Thing is, one of them was African, been here 15 years, had to
jump through hoops, be employed, not get into trouble, learn about
British culture, all before he could become British. If people like that
are incensed at the way these arrogant shits are behaving then you can
count on the majority of the population being even more so.
> > i don't see it.  where are these mollycoddled muslims demanding a
free ride?

And they are.  Try mixing with ordinary people for a change rather than
your hippy universal lovekids and there is building resentment that is
one day going to explode. And people who constantly defended muslims and
their antiquated belief system will have been responsible. That's the
thick PC wonks of the labour party as well.

Williams is an idiot [par for the course for blokes in frocks who have
no qualifications other than theology, like majoring in fairies] if only
for the fact he could come out with that without the slightest inkling
of the storm it would cause. Can't do thinking, can't anticipate. Hasn't
a clue. Of course the usual islamist beards were there chanting
allelujah, they seize every opportunity to inch their way into control.
How many other 'faith' persons have people in the Lords, have their own
human rights commission, have their own political institutions and their
own Council of Great Britain and Parliament? Muslim Parliament indeed,
I'd deport the lot of them.
> > oh you will you will, just give your angry heart a break for at least
20 years.

Pakis have been here fifty years and still want nothing to do with being
British. What kind of insult is that?
> > how many raj brits went native?

They want to live here, own property here, make loads of money here,
send a lot of it out of the country, and don't want to be British, and
more importantly, won't let their daughters be British, but pack them
off to Pakistan to marry a cousin - did you hear about the congenital
disabilities popping up increasingly among the Pakistani population?
Inbreeding, they do it with cousins out of preference.
> > yes i can see you're very well read it's well known.

Idiots, and becoming more so with every generation,
> > if u mean the culture is getting deeper i got £20 here says that's
the opposite of the truth.  this is one of the BEST things about the
internet: you can stop the ranter in his tracks just as he's starting
into the Big Lies.  it sure lessons the effect on the reader.

and OUR health service has got to cope with it.
> > didn't i read it's all run by the Pakis anyway?

'Legitimate needs of Muslims? Why are they different from others?
> > they worship a different god, they have a whole different cultural
history and expectations (much of it being colonised and shafted) and it
will take them a generation or two to adapt and change but not if idiots
like u keep whipping up their animosity while bomming the hell out of
the country u want them to return to.
i mean, if u were proposing that we the west remove ALL our soldiers
from Arabia and THEN we insist that every Paki can pronounce the name of
the england team's captain i might be with u.  but u want them to eat
the shit you've already scared out of them and that's a step too far.

Tell you why, because Muslims think they're special.
> > and xtians don't?!  xtians think they're the only hope for the world
- whether the world wants it or not.  just listen to yourself.

Of course they're not equal, why should they be? If you moved to
Morocco, would you start shouting about being British and wanting your
British human rights respected, demand alcohol be served to you whenever
you fancied,**
**>> they've never once demanded the legalisation of hashish have they?
that aspect of sharia law could solve some of the other alky probs we have.
and yes, we didn't demand it, we just sent in the troops and ESTABLISHED
IT!  MORE OFTEN THAN NOT WE INSISTED ON them CHANGING!

** trample over Moroccan culture while attacking Morocco at every
chance, sneer at their behaviour, diss their women? Think you'd last a day?*
*Fucking Islamic Human Rights Commission indeed, if they're British
there are ample organisations for human and every other right - although
we won't mention animal rights because these inbred religionistas don't
believe in animal welfare, which is why they slit the throats of animals
and hang them up to bleed to death.
> > our slaughtering is so much more, how shall i say, spiritual?

And if a lifelong anti-racist, left wing campaigning radical like me is
sounding off like this, just imagine what Mr and Mrs Ordinary are
thinking and saying. It doesn't take deep thinking, just a bit of common
sense. See the signs.
**we are the earth's intelligence* *really?
*Pete, Herefordshire, UK.g
up!

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.

Reason is the shadow cast by God; God is the sun.
** Jalaluddin Rumi (the infamous terrorist who married his cousin :)
UP "None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm."  Henry David
Thoreau.

The Fall of the Dinosaurs
OR, in ephemeral journalistic terms,
The Vanishing Establishment
Nicholas Confessore/ New York Times
It is widely taken for granted that each major political party in the US
is more or less run by a powerful establishment, which anoints
presidential candidates, supplies them with campaign money and gets them
elected.

But this season's primaries have made the idea of a political
establishment, whether Republican or Democratic, hard to take seriously.

Among Democrats, the establishment candidate would appear to be Hillary
Rodham Clinton, the New York senator and former first lady, whose
husband remains the Democratic Party's most influential figure.  She
raised tens of millions of dollars; her allies, friends and former staff
members pepper the ranks of Democratic-leaning labor unions, activist
groups and Washington research institutes.  Yet she is now locked in a
struggle for political survival with Barack Obama, who not long ago was
an obscure state senator from Illinois.

Now Mrs. Clinton herself wants to play underdog.  Her chief campaign
strategist, Mark Penn, contended last week that it was Mr. Obama, not
Mrs. Clinton, who was running an "increasingly establishment-oriented
campaign."  If there is a Democratic establishment, in other words, the
establishment Democratic candidate wants no part of it.

"Clinton should be the establishment candidate this time, but it's not
working that way," said Alan Brinkley, a historian at Columbia
University. "There's just no establishment to support her."

Or if there is an establishment, it may not count for much.  Last month,
to considerable fanfare, Mr. Obama won the backing of leading members of
the Kennedy clan, by some lights the gold standard of the pre-Clinton
Democratic establishment --- and certainly the first family of
Massachusetts politics.  Mr. Obama also captured the support of the
state's junior senator, John Kerry, and governor, Deval Patrick.  Yet he
still lost the Massachusetts primary on Tuesday by a healthy margin.

Establishment influence is even less apparent on the Republican side, a
stark contrast to 2000 when party chieftains anointed George W. Bush as
the Republican nominee.  The current front-runner and presumptive
nominee, Senator John McCain of Arizona, is viewed as an apostate by
influential figures on the right, like the talk radio host Rush Limbaugh
and the evangelical leader James C. Dobson.  Both have fiercely
denounced Mr. McCain and threatened to withhold their support if he is
the nominee.
> > as i said last week, i reckon the repubs will hold together for the
election but, if they lose, they'll seriously start to fragment as a
party and as a force.

For the right, the establishment has even more complex associations than
for the left, because the founders of modern conservatism were the first
to speak routinely of a "liberal establishment" a like-minded elite that
was said to exert undue influence over Congress, academia, the news
media and more.
> > this is part of the Big Lie, where you claim the exact opposite of
the truth in order that, when anyone questions it, it will seem so CRAZY
so OPPOSITE to the truth!  see my talk Monkey's Marvelous Trip on
matrixmasters.com.

The closer you look for signs of either party's 'establishment' at work,
it seems, the more the very idea seems to crumble and dissolve.  On both
sides of the political divide, the people and institutions once
considered integral to the establishment have become too weak or
fractious to deserve the term.

On the left, for example, labor unions were once overwhelmingly powerful
in the Democratic Party.  Today, they remain a major force in party
affairs, but not a very monolithic one.  In 2005, several significant
unions split from the A.F.L.-C.I.O. after disagreements over organizing
strategy and formed a new group, the Change to Win Coalition.

Another bastion of the old establishments --- the formal party machines
--- aren't what they used to be either.  In the 1970s, the Democratic
National Committee was led by Robert M. Strauss, a Washington
lawyer-fixer so synonymous with the Democratic establishment that his
nickname was Mr. Democrat.  Today, the chairman's post is held by Howard
Dean, the former Vermont governor who ran an outsider presidential
campaign in 2004 that horrified many Beltway Democrats.  As for Mr.
Dean's Republican counterpart, well --- quick, name the chairman of the
Republican National Committee. (It's Robert M. Duncan.)

As the machines have broken down, so has party discipline.  Last year,
several states defied the Republican and Democratic committees and
scheduled their primaries earlier than allowed to gain more influence in
the nominating process.  As punishment, Democratic delegates from
Michigan and Florida are technically banned from the convention later
this year; on the Republican side, those states and three others will
each be stripped of half their delegates.

And where are the seasoned senior statesmen
> > read Dinosaurs.

 with the stature and independence to act as honest brokers between
party factions?  "You don't have the obvious party elders these days,"
said Walter Isaacson, president of the Aspen Institute.  Bill Clinton
abandoned his senior-statesman post to go on the attack against Mr.
Obama.  Even in the Republican Party, where tradition and hierarchy have
always played a greater role in party affairs, there is less deference
to elders.

Some of the shift away from party establishments seems rooted in the
political moment.  This year will have the first presidential election
in half a century in which neither a sitting president nor a sitting
vice president is vying for major-party nomination, lending the contests
a rare fluidity.  Moreover, Mr. Bush's sheer unpopularity precludes him
from dominating his party, as presidents traditionally do.  For the same
reason, no Republicans dare run openly as Mr. Bush's heir.

Meanwhile, conservative Christians, once the movement's firmest base,
have become politically more diverse.  Pastors like Rick Warren and Bill
Hybels are urging the faithful to look beyond abortion and gay marriage
to issues like global warming and poverty.  And despite Mr. Dobson's
threats of a boycott, nearly a third of evangelical Republicans voted
for Mr. McCain on Tuesday.

On the left, grass-roots Democrats have made aggressive use of online
organizing and fund-raising techniques to decentralize their own party
and break the monopoly the wealthy once had on political cash.  Measured
by membership and fund-raising, for example, MoveOn.org is now one of
the largest and most active constituency groups within the party.  And
judging from fund-raising figures after last Tuesday, it appears that
Mrs. Clinton has in a sense been hurt by her reliance on an
old-fashioned network of deep-pocketed donors, many of whom have already
reached the legal maximum.  Mr. Obama, by contrast, has raised smaller
amounts from a larger number of contributors, so he can go back to many
of them for money now, when he needs it most.

"The shift in the sources of funding is profound and probably lasting,"
Mr. Brinkley said.  "That really limits the influence of a lot of people
who used to play a big role in all of this."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/weekinreview/10confess.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
<http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/weekinreview/10confess.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>
UP! "A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he c an afford
to let alone."  Henry David Thoreau.

*)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o*
***the** **UP!** is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to
**=[13,035]=*
***Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks*
***recommended to the **Parallel YOUniversity**// Megatripolis Dance
Dept **as*
* **/"showing signs of life"./**  **Since recipients forward it widely
to their own lists & sites*
*we conservatively estimate **_50,000+ _**direct recipients.*
*A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.*
*And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,*
*   it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,*
*making an estimated total weekly readership of **_=[275,000]=_*
***)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o***

*a**ll g o o d t h i n g s c o m **e t o a n e n d*
*which don't justify nuttin'*
*
*
*U U U U U U U U U U U U UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! !*
***YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU! This **HipList** grows purely by
recommendation.*
***SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!*
***YES, YES, SEND US EDUTAINING NEWS'N VIEWS no need to ask! :-)*
*FOR MORE FRASER ON RAVE CULTURE & THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT,
VISIT*
*_WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM/fraser_*
***TO UNSUBSCRIBE**, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX*
* **U U U U U U U U U U U U** **UP! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
**
**