[pagan-magik] UP! EMERGENCY// didn't we stop that war ALREADY?!!!

fraser at parallel-youniversity.com fraser at parallel-youniversity.com
Fri Mar 14 01:04:01 GMT 2008

*\)**)**)**)**)**(**/*
*____,,,,**_{**ô**¿**ô**}_,,,,_*fraser
r u, like me, suffering from war fatigue?
didn't we stop that war _already?!!!_
oh goddess they're STILL out there creating more and more terrorism!

that's why i'm going to /force /my body down there this weekend
for one more (final? push.  On the _
5th anniversary of the Iraq War_, join the World Against War Days of
Action...

    *Anti-Occupation international events:*
    March 15 in London, England [DETAILS  BELOW]
    <http://www.stopwar.org.uk/>
    March 15 in Vancouver, Canada <http://stopwar.ca/>
    March 15 in Brussels, Belgium
    <http://www.motherearth.org/nowar/index_en.php>
    March 15 in Dublin, Ireland
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Dublin-Ireland-March-15th.html>
    March 15 in Madrid, Spain <http://www.fsm08madrid.org/web/>
    March 15 in Seville, Spain <http://www.forosocialsevilla.org/>
    March 15 in Barcelona, Spain <http://aturemlaguerra.org/>
    March 15 in Prague, Czech Republic <http://www.nezakladnam.cz/>
    March 15 in Alborg, Denmark
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Aalborg-Denmark-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Odense, Denmark
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Odense-Denmark-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Arhus, Denmark
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Arhus-Denmark-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Bergen, Norway
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Bergen-Norway-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Oslo, Norway
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Oslo-Norway-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Puerto Rico
    <http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Hato-Rey-Puerto-Rico-Saturday-15th-March.html>
    March 15 in Seoul, Korea <http://www.antiwar.or.kr/>
    March 15 in Rome, Italy
    <http://www.peaceandjustice.it/march-15-2008.php>
    March 15 in Reykjavik, Iceland <http://www.fridur.is/>
    March 15 in Berlin, Germany
    March 15 in Glasgow, Scotland
    March 15 in Sidney, Australia
    March 15 in New Zealand
    March 15 in Turkey
    March 15 in Helsinki, Finland
    *Other Anti-Occupation local events:*
    March 15 in Santa Barbara, CA
    <http://thepeoplescoalition.org/sb/content/category/5/20/40/>
    March 15 in Los Angeles, CA
    <http://answerla.org/pic/2008/08-03-15-demo/M15main.pdf>
    March 15 in Albuquerque, NM
    <http://www.stopthewarmachine.org/flyers/15Mar2008.jpg>
    March 15 in Minneapolis, MN
    <http://yawr.org/files/080315YouthMarch02.pdf>
    March 15 in Charleston, SC
    <http://events.unitedforpeace.org/5yearstoomany/events/show/3459>
    March 15 in Richmond, CA
    <http://bayareadirectaction.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/march-15-chevron-direct-action-and-rally/>
    March 15 in Lancaster, PA <http://www.lancastervoice.org/index_m15.htm>
    March 16 in San Francisco, CA
    <http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/03/02/18483051.php>
    March 13-16 in Charlottesville, VA
    <http://charlottesvillepeace.org/filmfest>
    March 16 in Philadelphia, PA
    <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31589>
    March 16 in Newburyport, MA

*www.theworldagainstwar.org*

In *London*, tens of thousands of people will converge on Parliament on
Saturday calling for an end to Bush's wars. Another massive
demonstration will take place simultaneously in *Glasgow*.
Five years on almost everything the anti-war movement
predicted about the invasion of Iraq has come true, yet the
government continues to ignore the view of the overwhelming
majority in this country, who have consistently opposed the
war.

The London demonstration will
assemble at Trafalgar Square at 12am. It will surround	parliament and end in Parliament Square.

We are asking every one of our supporters to march with us.
Please bring flowers, wreaths, shoes or other symbols to leave in Parliament Square to commemorate the victims of these devastating wars.

We are also asking everyone to spread the word as widely as possible in the hours remaining before the demonstration.
Please send e-mails, phone your friends, tell your
colleagues, leaflet your street or estate or station to ensure the maximum possible turnout for this vital march.

Speakers include Tony Benn, ex-SAS trooper Ben Griffin,
Green Party MEP Caroline Lucas, Lindsey German from Stop the
War, John Mcdonnell MP, *George Galloway* MP, film director
Nick Broomfield and representatives from  Palestine.

MARCH  ROUTE:
Down Whitehall, over Westminster Bridge, down Lambeth Palace Road, across Lambeth Bridge, down Millbank to Parliament Square for a short closing rally.
MAP:  http://tinyurl.com/2bfoa9 (scroll to bottom of page)

FOR UPDATES: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

***************************************
GLASGOW DEMONSTRATION:
Assemble 11.30, Blythswood Square, Glasgow.
Full details:  http://tinyurl.com/2z4uv2

***************************************
ONE MINUTES SILENCE ON MARCH 20TH.
Stop the War is asking people to organise and observe one
minutes silence on the exact anniversary of the invasion of
Iraq Thursday March 20 at Midday. There will also be a
protest at Downing Street on that day starting at 11.30am.

    Use One of These Graphics to Link to This Site

Please post one of these graphics on your website and link it to this one:

By Raoul Widman

By Adam Kokesh

By David Swanson

By David Swanson

By David Swanson

By David Swanson

By David Swanson

By David Swanson
(You can also design us a new graphic and we'll add it here! This is a
collaborative effort. Get involved!)

This site is maintained by a union shop at MayFirst.org
<http://www.mayfirst.org/>.

    U.S.A: Events Planned for March 10-19, 2008, to Resist the U.S.
    Occupation of Iraq, Oppose New Wars, Demand Impeachment
    <http://resistinmarch.org/?q=node/1>

Submitted by davidswanson on Thu, 12/20/2007 - 18:47.
We are asking congress members and senators to simply do this
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/31397>.
*MARCH 6, 2008 in Washington, D.C.*
Subcommittee hearing on flushing another $100 billion down the Iraq
occupation <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31434>.
*MARCH 7-9, 2008 in Washington, D.C.: NCOR*
National Conference on Organized Resistance
<http://www.ncor2008.org/index.php?page=main>
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/sites/afterdowningstreet.org/files/images/stoplossconcertflyer.jpg>*MARCH
10 to 12, 2008 (Monday to Wednesday) in Washington, D.C.: Stop-Loss
Congress*
This March, while tens of thousands of Americans in Washington, D.C.,
and all over the United States will be participating in acts of
nonviolent civil resistance to protest the ongoing occupations of Iraq
and Afghanistan, and involuntarily deployed U.S. soldiers and innocent
civilian victims will begin another year of occupation, torture, and
murder, U.S. congress members will be on vacation (from the 15th to
30th, technically a "district work period"), ignoring the killing and
suffering they have enabled, supported, and financed.
To intensify the irony, Congress has condoned a widespread stop-loss
policy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop-loss_policy> in the military
which requires soldiers to involuntarily extend their tours and prolong
the killing. It is time to Stop-Loss Congress!
<http://www.stop-losscongress.org/>
<http://www.stop-losscongress.org/>
<http://www.stop-losscongress.org/>
On Monday March 10, and Tuesday March 11, we will deliver "official"
stop-loss notices to all members of Congress in their Capitol Hill
offices. These will notify them that all of their LEAVES, VACATIONS and
HOME VISITS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED until further notice. Just as they
require that active-duty personnel endure involuntary extensions of
their tours of duty, we, the people for whom they work, are notifying
them that they, too, will have their tours of duty INVOLUNTARILY
EXTENDED until every foreign soldier and mercenary is out of Iraq, and
home. When all the troops and contractors get home, then Congress can go
home, and no sooner.
Monday evening March 10, 10 PM: Party at St. Stephen's Church with
political HIP HOP performers SON of NUN and HEAD ROC, Admission is by
donation.
Tuesday evening March 11, 6PM-8PM: Premiere of the documentary film "DAD
ON FIRE BLUES" by filmmaker Scott Haman at BUSBOYS & POETS in
Washington, D.C. Carlos Arredondo will speak. Rick Burnley will recite
poetry. LIVE Music by EMMA'S REVOLUTION.
Click for flyer:
<http://www.stop-losscongress.org/uploads/resources/1203320055.pdf>
On Wednesday March 12, We will take nonviolent action on Capitol Hill,
to ensure that, while thousands of Iraqis, Afghanis, and foreign
invaders die and are injured for life, the members of Congress and their
staffs do not go home but remain to DO THEIR DUTY, and immediately end
the funding of the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. No members of
Congress goes home until THE TROOPS COME HOME.
Participating Organizations: Hip Hop Caucus
<http://www.hiphopcaucus.org/>, AfterDowningStreet.org
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/>, Backbone Campaign
<http://www.backbonecampaign.org/>, Camp Casey Peace Institute
<http://www.gsfp.org/article.php?list=type&type=43>, CODEPINK Women For
Peace <http://www.codepink4peace.org/>, Common Ground Collective New
Orleans <http://www.commongroundrelief.org/>, Democrats.com
<http://www.democrats.com/>, Global Network
<http://www.space4peace.org/>, Gold Star Families for Peace
<http://www.gsfp.org/>, Progressive Democrats of America
<http://www.pdamerica.org/>, Our Spring Break
<http://www.ourspringbreak.org/>, The Critical Voice
<http://www.thecriticalvoice.org/>, Artists Against The War
<http://www.aawnyc.org/>, Cities for Peace
<http://www.citiesforprogress.org/>, ConsumersForPeace.org
<http://consumersforpeace.org/>, Grandmothers Against the War,
Kennebunks Peace Department <http://www.kportprotest.org/>, New Orleans
Voices for Peace <http://neworleansvfp.ning.com/>, Daughters of Vietnam
Veterans <http://www.dovv.net/>, Why Not News
<http://www.whynotnews.org/>, DC Chapter of IVAW
<http://www.ivaw.org/chapter/washingtondc>, World Can't Wait -- Drive
Out The Bush Regime! <http://www.worldcantwait.net/>, Peace Majority
Report <http://www.peacemajority.us/>, Charlottesville Center for Peace
and Justice <http://www.charlottesvillepeace.org/>, Coalition for the
Constitution <http://www.coalitionfortheconstitution.com/>, Grassroots
Impeachment Movement <http://www.impeachbushcheney.net/>, Florida Peace
Action Network <http://www.flpan.org/>, Liberty Tree
<http://www.libertytreefdr.org/>, Maine Veterans for Peace
<http://vfpmaine.org/vfp.htm>, Boston IVAW
<http://www.ivaw.org/chapter/boston>, National Campaign for Nonviolent
Resistance <http://www.iraqpledge.org/>, Washington Peace Center
<http://www.washingtonpeacecenter.net/civic/>, Delaware Valley Veterans
for America <http://www.vfp144.org/>, Texans for Peace
<http://www.texansforpeace.org/>, North Texas for Justice and Peace,
Campus Antiwar Network <http://www.campusantiwar.net/>, Courage to
Resist <http://www.couragetoresist.org/>, Action Center for Justice
<http://www.charlotteaction.org/>, Charlottesville Center for Peace and
Justice <http://www.charlottesvillepeace.org/>,
Watch All the Stop-Loss Action Live on Youtube:

*Also on Wednesday March 12: Ghosts of War.*
*Also on Wednesday March 12 for those not in DC: A congressional call-in
day organized around the theme of "No to War, No to Africom."
<http://www.blackagendareport.com/index.php?Itemid=37&id=427&option=com_content&task=view>
Let's oppose the militarization of Africa
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/31235>.*
Click here:
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1552/t/5717/signUp.jsp?key=3094>
*MARCH 13-16, 2008 (Thursday-Sunday) in Silver Spring, Maryland: Winter
Soldier*
Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)'s Winter Soldier Testimony
<http://www.ivaw.org/wintersoldier>
Details <http://www.resistinmarch.org/?q=node/5>. Preview
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/30365>. Bush has been invited
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/30612>.

Winter Soldier will be held at the National Labor College, 10000 New
Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, MD 20903
Audio and video of panels will be available live online on satelite TV
and on Pacifica radio: HOW TO WATCH
<http://ivaw.org/wintersoldier/howtowatch>.

    *Everywhere:*
    Local events supporting Winter Soldier
    <http://www.5yearstoomany.org/article.php?list=type&type=3>.

*MARCH 16 to 18, 2008 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) in Washington, D.C.:
Training, Lobbying, Restoring the Constitution*
Training in Nonviolence in preparation for March 19, Training in
lobbying, Lobbying and on the 18th: Take Back the Constitution Day.
PREPARATION FOR MARCH 19:
March 16th
6-8pm Spokescouncil Meeting at the Warehouse Theatre
March 17th
All day trainings & workshop at the Warehouse Theatre
6-8 p.m. ET at Busboys and Poets in DC, PDA and John Conyers and Jim
Hightower launch Health Care Not Warfare campaign: GET A TICKET
<https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/309/donate.asp?formid=meet&c=7225804>.
8-9 p.m. ET listen to General William Odom discuss the need to withdraw
from Iraq on http://thepeoplespeakradio.net
<http://thepeoplespeakradio.net/>
March 18th
All day trainings & workshops at the Warehouse Theatre
6-8pm - Final Spokescouncil Meeting
March 18th, Tuesday: CODEPINK Action Day to Take Back the Constitution
<http://www.codepinkalert.org/section.php?id=347>
Join us for a spirited day in the Halls of Power in Washington, D.C.,
from Congress to the Justice Department to the Parties' Headquarters to
the White House, and an evening event with Constitutional scholars and
writers. This is a call for impeachment, an end to the occupation, an
end to torture.
9 am Meet Up: Meet at the CODEPINK House (712 5th Street NE, between G
and H) for a day-long Restore the Constitution Tour/March that will be
marked with actions at key points throughout Capitol Hill. The schedule
is as follows...
10- 10:30 am Press Conference: Newseum Museum (555 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
at 6th St.), a brand-new interactive media museum that has the 1st
Amendment etched into the front of the building's stone structure!
10:30-11 am Restore the Constitution with Liz Holtzman: National
Archives (700 Pennsylvania Avenue and Constitution, NW between 7th and 9th)
11-11:30 am Action at the Justice Department: Clean up your act! We will
create a laundry line of all the investigations, airing out the
Administration's dirty laundry and more!
11:30-12 noon: Don't Buy Bush's War Action with Ben Cohen: IRS building
(Constitution between 10th and 12th). We'll unfurl our "Don't Buy Bush's
War" banners and declare our resistance to being taxed for an unjust,
illegal war.
Noon-12:30 pm MOST WANTED Action: FBI at the J Edgar Hoover building
(Pennsylvania between 9th and 10th). We will target CODEPINK's MOST
WANTED Terrorists in DC: Bush, Cheney and others. This action will
continue on to the Reflecting Pool.
Special Cleansing at the Reflecting Pool with Visionary Activist
Caroline Casey: We will make a brew from all the stops in our "Peace and
Justice Cauldron".
12:30-2 pm March on Congress & lunch: Location TBA
2-5 pm Tour the Halls of Shame: We will be calling for Impeachment in
Congress, marchers to visit their Members of Congress' offices on Senate
and House side.
8:00 pm Evening event with Constitutional scholars and writers: Location TBA
Speakers will include: Bill Moyers, Larry Sabato, Liz Holtzman, Melanie
Sloan, Jamie Raskin, John Nichols, Michael Ratner and others!
Participating Organizations: AfterDowningStreet.org
<http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/>, Grassroots America
<http://www.grassrootsamerica4us.org/>, DC Chapter of IVAW
<http://www.ivaw.org/chapter/washingtondc>, CODEPINK Women For Peace
<http://www.codepink4peace.org/>, Our Spring Break
<http://www.ourspringbreak.org/>, Democrats.com
<http://www.democrats.com/>, Backbone Campaign
<http://www.backbonecampaign.org/>, Progressive Democrats of America
<http://www.pdamerica.org/>, The Critical Voice
<http://www.thecriticalvoice.org/>, Artists Against The War
<http://www.aawnyc.org/>, Cities for Peace
<http://www.citiesforprogress.org/>, ConsumersForPeace.org
<http://consumersforpeace.org/>, Replace Pelosi
<http://www.petitiononline.com/everyman/petition.html> (petition to be
delivered), Grandmothers Against the War, Kennebunks Peace Department
<http://www.kportprotest.org/>, Delaware Valley Veterans for America
<http://www.vfp144.org/>, New Orleans Voices for Peace
<http://neworleansvfp.ning.com/>, Daughters of Vietnam Veterans
<http://www.dovv.net/>, Why Not News <http://www.whynotnews.org/>, Peace
Liberty Tree <http://www.libertytreefdr.org/>, Texans for Peace
<http://www.texansforpeace.org/>, North Texas for Justice and Peace,
Campus Antiwar Network <http://www.campusantiwar.net/>, Courage to
Resist <http://www.couragetoresist.org/>, Action Center for Justice
<http://www.charlotteaction.org/>, Charlottesville Center for Peace and
Justice <http://www.charlottesvillepeace.org/>,
Freeze at Union Station: 5 p.m. on 18th.
<http://www.930.com/>
*March 18 at 6 p.m.: The Hip Hop Caucus announces the WE CARE CONCERT*
We will highlight the plight of Internally Displaced Persons in the U.S.
because of Hurricane Katrina and displaced Iraqis because of the war in
Iraq. Featuring: Saigon, Mia X, Mambo Sauce, Wise Intelligent, Uncalled
4 Experience, GRIME, Rebel Diaz, Sess 4-5, Akir, Emoni Fela, Head-Roc
and more.
Pre-Concert Party in front of the 9:30 Club starting at 6:00 pm
Doors at 7:30 pm
Where: The 9:30 Club
815 V St. NW, Washington DC
Tickets: $15
Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.930.com
<http://www.930.com/> (highly recommended) or at the box office
*The TrueMajority.org "IranMobile"*, a Dr. Strangelovian thermonuclear
missle/bomb that rises for launch 20 feet in the air with George W. Bush
astride, is coming to Washington, DC. It will be at Busboys and Poets on
March 16th, 7:00 pm with CodePink; again at Busboys and Poets on March
17th at 6:00 pm with PDA and Jim Hightower for their launch of the
Health Care Not Warfare campaign; at the CodePink House for breakfast on
March 18th at 9:00 am; Union Station on March 18th at 5:00 pm and at
McPherson Square on March 19th at 7:00 am, staging ground for the UFPJ
actions taking place all day.
<http://www.notanotherwar.org/>

    *Everywhere:*
    Local events supporting Constitution Day:
    Colorado <http://impeachco.com/>
    March 17 Impeachment Rally at Minnesota Capitol
    <http://impeachforpeace.org/impeach_bush_blog/?p=4897>
    March 18 Indict Bush and Cheney in Portland, Maine
    <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31449>
    Other Anti-Occupation Events:
    Students for a Democratic Society Campus Events March 17-21
    <http://march20sds.wordpress.com/>

*MARCH 19, 2008 (Wednesday) Everywhere and in Washington, D.C.:
Nonviolent Resistance*
Nonviolent Civil Resistance and/or Disobedience in All 435 Congressional
Districts and in the Nation's Capital on the Fifth Anniversary of the
Occupation of Iraq
Locations in each congressional district, to be determined locally, can
include congressional offices (Congress Members and Senators will be in
their districts on this day), federal buildings, military recruiters,
weapons makers, war profiteers, or corporate media outlets. In
Washington, with Congress out of town, the focus will be on war
profiteers in the military industrial disaster-capitalism complex. Where
possible, events will include a place for people not willing to risk
arrest. Evening town hall forums can also include a larger audience.
<http://www.5yearstoomany.org/>
Click for flyer:
<http://www.5yearstoomany.org/downloads/M19%20DC%20Flyer.pdf>
LOCAL EVENTS: Post Yours
<http://events.unitedforpeace.org/march19/signup>! Update it
<http://events.unitedforpeace.org/profile/events>.
FIND LOCAL EVENTS AT http://5yearstoomany.org
<http://5yearstoomany.org/> AND IN A SEPARATE LIST AT
http://worldagainstwar.org <http://worldagainstwar.org/>
WASHINGTON DC EVENTS: Join us
<http://www.5yearstoomany.org/article.php?list=type&type=4>!
OTHER CITIES: San Francisco
<http://bayareadirectaction.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/march-19-direct-actions-in-downtown-sf/>,
Chicago <http://www.chicagomassaction.org/index.html>, College Station,
Texas <http://www.bvcaw.org/>, Denver
<http://www.progressnowaction.org/page/event/detail/wfx>, Clifton, NJ
<http://www.dfalink.com/event.php?id=28116>,
Resources for nonviolent activism: HERE
<http://www.5yearstoomany.org/article.php?id=45>.
Resources for promoting your event in the media: HERE
<http://5yearstoomany.org//article.php?id=75>.
Flyers and posters with room for local info: HERE
<http://www.5yearstoomany.org/article.php?id=38>.
Ideas for local actions: HERE <http://5yearstoomany.org/article.php?id=72>.
DETAILS ON DC EVENTS:
7-8am - Morning gathering at McPherson Square
15th & K St NW
Also 7:30 Arlington march.
8am - Blockade the IRS with War Resisters League and friends -- Help
expose the real cost of war by shutting down the IRS first thing in the
morning and making a clear statement to stop FUNDING war! Click here for
more details.
1111 Constitution Ave NW (between 10th & 12th Streets)
11am - Rally at McPherson Square
12pm - Funk the War! with Students for a Democratic Society
Street march dance party against the war - meet at Franklin Park
Other actions (times and locations TBA)...
Disrupt the War Profiteers with No War, No Warming and a whole host of
student groups who are planning a variety of creative actions using
nonviolent civil disobedience, mobile teams and delegations to offices
in the K St. Corridor. Who's in the K Street area? The American
Petroleum Institute, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Shell, Halliburton, Lockheed
Martin, Bechtel, the IMF/World Bank, the American Enterprise Institute,
and lobbyists and lawyers for many, many more.
Civil Resistance by the Vets with the Veterans March for Peace that will
visit several key sites with creative acts of civil resistance
culminating with an action at the White House by IVAW demanding that the
White House hear their Winter Soldier testimony and that they end the
war and bring the troops home now.
Shut Down the Military Recruiters Office on 14th & L with the Grannies,
bring your rocker and knitting needles and prepare to stay for the day!
March of the Dead with Activist Response Team (A.R.T.) and other
activists who join us will imagine what would happen if the dead,
civilian and military, return to enter Washington to seek justice for
the crimes committed in Iraq and Afghanistan because of U.S. foreign
policy. In death masks, all in black, some wearing the name of someone
killed, others with statistics measuring the scale of the tragedy, we
will proceed through the city in small groups riding the metro, walking
the streets and haunting the periphery of the other actions. We will
then converge at a given time all-together to make the long march for
justice with stops at the State Department, Justice Department and
Supreme Court culminating with acts of civil resistance.
Orleans <http://www.commongroundrelief.org/>, Democracy Rising
<http://www.democracyrising.us/>, Democrats.com
<http://www.democrats.com/>, Global Network
<http://www.space4peace.org/>, Gold Star Families for Peace
<http://www.gsfp.org/>, Grassroots America
<http://www.grassrootsamerica4us.org/>, Hip Hop Caucus
<http://www.hiphopcaucus.org/>, Progressive Democrats of America
<http://www.pdamerica.org/>, United for Peace and Justice
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>, Voters for Peace
<http://www.votersforpeace.us/>, World Can't Wait -- Drive Out The Bush
Regime! <http://www.worldcantwait.net/>, DC Chapter of IVAW
<http://www.ivaw.org/chapter/washingtondc>, Activist Responce Team
(A.R.T), Washington Peace Center
<http://www.washingtonpeacecenter.net/civic/>, Our Spring Break
<http://www.whynotnews.org/>, Peace Majority Report
Impeachment Movement <http://www.impeachbushcheney.net/>, Liberty Tree
<http://www.libertytreefdr.org/>, No War No Warming
<http://www.nowarnowarming.org/>, Texans for Peace
<http://www.texansforpeace.org/>, North Texas for Justice and Peace,
Campus Antiwar Network <http://www.campusantiwar.net/>, Courage to
Resist <http://www.couragetoresist.org/>, Action Center for Justice
<http://www.charlotteaction.org/>, Charlottesville Center for Peace and
Justice <http://www.charlottesvillepeace.org/>, Sacramento for Democracy
<http://www.sacramentofordemocracy.org/>,
Calling All Poets! <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31656>
World Can't Wait Events in DC on 19th:
<http://worldcantwait.net/>
Join in acts of creative non-violent civil resistance!
1:30 p.m. in Lafayette Square Park join World Can't Wait and a sea of
orange jumpsuits in solidarity with and representing those being
tortured in Guantanamo Bay Prison, Abu Ghraib, Bagram in Afghanistan,
and CIA "black sites" around the globe. A demonstration showing that
waterboarding IS TORTURE, is planned directly in front of the residence
of our biggest war criminal other than Dick Cheney. The Park will become
a rallying center for all those who are determined to put an end to this
illegitimate and immoral occupation and demand justice by driving the
war criminals from office now, not waiting for 2009! We are done with
secret renditions, warrantless spying, lying to the public, using
signing statements to disobey laws, rounding up immigrants and detaining
them.
3:30 p.m. in Lafayette Square Park join Veterans for Peace and Iraq
Veterans Against the War.
Sundown in Lafayette Square Park: view the film exposing the ultimate
crimes committed by this regime: The Bush Crimes Commission.
No War, No Warming Events in DC on 19th:

<http://nowarnowarming.org/>
On the 5th anniversary of the Iraq war, TAKE ACTION at the American
Petroleum Institute in Washington D.C. at 13th and L Sts. NW, On the
morning of Wednesday, March 19
- END the War in Iraq -
- SHIFT Funding from War and Big Oil to Clean Energy and Human Needs -
- SEPARATE Oil and State -
Veterans for Peace Events in DC on 19th:
Arresting Bush and Cheney <http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/31686>.

Something else that anyone anywhere can do on the 19th:
<http://sickofitday.org/>

International Actions on 19th:
Helsinki, Finland
Paris, France <http://aawhome.blogspot.com/>
<http://www.ourspringbreak.org/>
*March 20 SDS Campus Protests*
Students for a Democratic Society Campus Events
<http://www.newsds.org/march20>
*March 20-23 Split This Rock Poetry Festival*
Stick around to TALK about what you've been doing, with Split This Rock
<http://www.splitthisrock.org/> in Washington, D.C.
Institute for Policy Studies <http://www.ips-dc.org/>, Sol & Soul
<http://www.solysoul.com/>, and Busboys & Poets
<http://www.busboysandpoets.com/>.
*MORE EVENTS AROUND THE WORLD*
March 22 in Tokyo, Japan
<http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Tokyo-Japan-Saturday-22nd-March.html>
March 22 in Athens, Greece
<http://theworldagainstwar.org/index.php/Demonstrations/Athens-Greece-Saturday-22nd-March.html>
March 22 in Osaka, Japan
March 22 in Sapora, Japan
And March 22 in Brussels, Belgium
<http://www.vredesactie.be/dossier.php?id=21>

In Vancouver:

On the 5th anniversary of the Iraq War, join the World Against War Days
of Action...

Rally
Saturday, March 15
12 Noon
Vancouver Art Gallery
(Georgia side, at Hornby)
Music by Vancouver's legendary D.O.A.

&

Picket
Wednesday, March 19
11am to 1pm, U.S. Consulate (1075 W. Pender, at Thurlow)

    * Bring the troops home from Afghanistan
    * Give refuge to Iraq war resisters
    * Don't attack Iran
    * End the siege of Gaza

Spread the word, get your organization to sign on to endorse these
events, and invite your friends to be part of this worldwide action
against war.

Organized by StopWar.ca <http://stopwar.ca/> and Canadians Against War.

Endorsers listed here for information.

To add your organization's name as an endorser, email
contact[a]stopwar.ca <http://stopwar.ca/>.

Music
Headwater
The Carnival Band
Solidarity Notes, VDLC Labour Choir
Stereoground Band
Wandering Snowman

Business & Professional
Babylon Buttons
Dunnett Classic Drums
People's Coop Book Store

Cities and municipalities
City of Burnaby

Environmental groups
FORPA, Forest Protection Allies
Society Promoting Environmental Conservation

Immigrant and Refugee Rights
Chinese Refugees Rights Committee
Direct Action Against Refugee Exploitation DAARE)
No One Is Illegal
War Resisters Support Campaign

Labour organizations
B.C. Government and Services Employees' Union
BC Federation of Labour
BC Teachers Federation
Burnaby Civic Employees' Union, Local 23 CUPE
Canadian Union of Postal Workers, (Vancouver Local)
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 15
CAW Canada
CEP Local 525G
CUPE Local 407 (Vancouver School Board Outside)
CUPE Vancouver Metropolitan District
Hospital Employees Union
International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees, Local 891
International Longshore Workers Union, Local 400
Public Service Alliance of Canada, Local 60
Surrey Teachers Association
Trade Union Committee for Justice in the Middle East
Vancouver & District Labour Council
Vancouver Secondary Teachers' Association

Media
Co-op Radio
Common Ground
Outlook: Canada's Progressive Jewish Magazine
Seven Oaks Magazine

Neighbourhood and Community groups
Kits4Peace
Palestine Community Centre -- Vancouver

Peace and Justice organizations
ADALA, Canadian Arab Justice Committee
ALPHA Canada Assoc. for Learning and Preserving the History of WWII in Asia
Arab Palestine Association
BC ALPHA Association for Learning & Preserving the History of WW II in Asia
BC Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines
Canada Asia Pacific Resource Network
Canada Colombia Solidarity Campaig
Canada Cuba Friendship Ass
Canada Palestine Association
Canada Palestine Support Network
Canadian Network for Democratic Nepal
Canadian Peace Alliance -- National
Coalition in Solidarity with the People of Iraq
Committee for Solidarity with Columbia
Comox Valley Peace Group
End the Arms Race
Haiti Solidarity BC
International Society for Peace & Human Rights
International South Asia Forum
Jews For A Just Peace
Muslim Canadian Federation
Nelson Light for Peace Coalition
Palestine Solidarity Group
The Peace Walker Society - BC
School of the Americas Watch Kootenay Branch
Serbian-Canadian Society of Vancouver
South Asian Network for Secularism and Democracy
Sunshine Coast Peace Group
The Canadian Latin-American Collective
Vancouver Association of Chinese Canadians
Vancouver Non-Violence Training Collective
Veterans Against Nuclear Arms
World Sikh Organization
Writers Against the War

Political Parties
Communist Party of Canada
Communist Party of Canada, Marxist Leninist
COPE
December 9 Coalition
Freedom Socialist Party
Green Party (BC)
Green Party of Canada
International Socialists
New Democratic Party - National
New Socialist Group
Simon Fraser Green Party
Vancouver Green Party
Vancouver-Kingsway Provincial NDP Constituency Association
Work Less Party

Politicians
Libby Davies, MP (Vancouver East)
Peter Julian MP (Burnaby-New Westminster)
Bill Silksay, MP (Burnaby-Douglas)
David Chudnovsky, MLA Vancouver-Kensington
David Cadman, Vancouver City Councillor
Lisa Barrett, Councilor Bowen Island
Dr Fred Bass, Former City Councilor
Don Davies, candidate Vancouver-Kingsway (NDP)
Spencer Herbert, Vancouver Parks Board Commissioner
Tim Louis, Former Vancouver City Councillor
Adrienne Montani, Former Trustee VSB
Svend Robinson, Former MP

Professional Associations
BC Association of Social Workers
Douglas College Faculty Association & Executive Council
Federation of Post Secondary Educators
Lawyers Against the War
Physicians for Global Survival
Cuba Education Tours

Prominent Individuals
Dan Chambers, United Church Minister
Lloyd Edwards, Past President of Surrey Teachers' Association
Jef Keighley, Exec. Dir. World Peace Forum 2006
Valerie Raoul, Professor Women's Studies & French
Bob Rosen, Past President, Surrey Teachers Association
Dr. David Suzuki, Environmentalist
Dr. Michael Wallace, Professor Political Studies UBC

Religious Organizations
Across our Differences
Anglican Diocese of New Westminster Justice and Peace Unit
Bible Holiness Movement
Canadian Memorial Church & Centre for Peace
Christian Task Force on Central America (BC)
Franciscan Sisters of Joy
Franciscan Sisters of the Atonement
Global and Societal Ministries BC Conference
Kootenay Fellowship of Reconciliation
Mennonite Central Committee
Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Social Justice Committee of South Frazer Unitarian Congregation
Social Justice Committee Unitarian Church of Vancouver
Spritual Direction (North Vancouver)
St Chiara Community
Synod-Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Trinity United Church (Kitsilano) Social Justice Group
Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam
Union of Spiritual Communities in Christ (Doukhobors)
United Church of Canada - national
Vancouver Catholic Worker

Seniors groups
Senior Networks BC
Seniors on Guard for Medicare

Global Justice organizations
Anti-Poverty Committee
Artists Against War
Bikes Not Bombs
Bus Riders Union
Canadian Association of Sexual Assault Centers
Canadians Concerned About Free Trade
Canadian Network for Democratic Nepal
Check Your Head
Coalition of Child Care Advocates of BC
Council of Canadians (BC)
Council of Canadians, Mid Island Chapter
Council of Canadians (Richmond Chapter)
Council of Canadians (Vancouver Chapter)
Global Justice
Marginalized Workers Action League
Necessary Voices
Oxfam Canada
Pacific Spirit Family & Community Services Society
Queers United Against Kapitalism
Salaam Vancouver
Vancouver Vigils
Vancouver Committee for Domestic Workers and Caregivers Rights

Student & Youth groups
Canadian Federation of Students
City Centre Student Union
Color Connected
Douglas College Student Union
Emily Carr Students Against the War Coalition
Langara Peace Coalition
Medical Students For Global Survival
SFU Centre for Labour Studies
SFU Muslim Student Association
Simon Fraser Student Society
South Asian Students Alliance
UBC NDP Student Club
UBC Nursing Undergraduate Society
UBC Social Justice Centre
Youth For A Better World

Women's organizations
AMS Women's Centre
Vancouver Raging Grannies
Women Elders in Action
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (BC)

Website with more information on March actions against war:
http://stopwar.ca <http://stopwar.ca/>/
http://theworldagainstwar.org <http://theworldagainstwar.org/>/
<http://canadiansagainstwar.org/>http://canadiansagainstwar.org
<http://canadiansagainstwar.org/>/

**********************
**********************
*In Victoria:*

Join The Worldwide Action in Victoria

WORLD AGAINST WAR DAY- 5 Years After the INVASION OF IRAQ

Saturday, March 15
12 noon
Centennial Square

Join us in demanding troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and for US War
Resisters to stay in Canada.

12 noon - Centennial Square (City Hall)
Marimba band Njiva
Musician Bryan Skinner
Speaker ZainumBahadshah

12:30 pm - Peace walk around downtown, featuring a die-in and speech by
war resister Brad McCall.

1:30 pm - St. Gather in Kirk Hall, Andrew's Church (Douglas at Broughton)
Vic High speaker Robyn Morgan
Documentary film and more music
Refreshments, information tables

Bring
your friends, family, colleagues, neighbours, and LOTS OF
NOISEMAKERS (spoons and pans make a great contribution!)
Banners and placards

Sponsoring and endorsing organizations are encouraged to bring
information materials for the tables in the church hall.

For information email: worldagainstwar at gmail.com

Organized by Word Against War Committee.
Sponsors: Victoria Peace Coalition, War Resisters Support Campaign,
Canada out of Afghanistan Campaign, Council of Canadians - Victoria
chapter, Greater Victoria Seniors, UVic Students Against War, Raging
Grannies, International Socialists. Endorsers: Canadian Islamic Congress
(Vancouver Island region), BC Labour Against War, Women in Black,
Victoria Earth Walk Committee.
In the US

http://resistinmarch.org/ <http://resistinmarch.org/>

In Rome: