[Project-fallujah] Draft of motion to go to Council - Wednesday 01 December 04

2 % Human adam at diamat.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 08:21:35 GMT 2004

Hi,

Jillian sent this over for comments / support / distribution:

NOTICE OF MOTION RE FRIENDSHIP LINK WITH FALLUJAH
Proposed by Cllr Jillian Creasy

This council

1. Deplores all acts of terrorism and aggression

2. Notes the loss of civilian life and destruction of the infrastructure
in Fallujah

3. Wishes to express its sympathy and solidarity with all people of good
will in that city who are now faced with rebuilding it

and therefore

4. Instructs the Chief Executive to investigate the possibility of
forming a Friendship Link with Fallujah and to report back to Full
Council in two months time

5. Instructs the Chief Executive to send a copy of this motion to the
Prime Minister and Sheffield MPs

I think it is well balanced and could whip up a lot of support. I would
intend to base publicity around this proposal and build for an assembly
in the Peace Gardens on the day of Council

--
Adam