[Project-fallujah] [Fwd: Project Fallujah Update WAS Re: [Ssf] Meetings /Project Status Summary]

2 % Human adam at diamat.org.uk
Sat Nov 20 08:36:50 GMT 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Project Fallujah Update WAS Re: [Ssf] Meetings /Project Status
Summary
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:34:13 +0000
From: 2 % Human <adam at diamat.org.uk>
To: ssf <ssf at lists.aktivix.org>
CC: imc-sheffield at lists.indymedia.org
<419CB752.8020900 at sheffield.ac.uk>

Ayup,

Kevin Gillan wrote:

> Project Fallujah:
> The idea is to petition the council to twin Sheffield with Fallujah.
> Adam has cracked on with finding support for this idea within the
> council and seems to have had some success. More info needed.

A motion will go the council meeting of 1 December 2004 ( draft motion
below )

I'm through believing that logic will get us anywhere in this argument,
and intend to concentrate on emotion. With this in mind, could someone
help me get hold of a very loud P.A. system for this day so we can play
appropriate music in the Peace Gardens

Thanks in advance

--
Adam

NOTICE OF MOTION RE FRIENDSHIP LINK WITH FALLUJAH
Proposed by Cllr Jillian Creasy

This council

1. Deplores all acts of terrorism and aggression

2. Notes the loss of civilian life and destruction of the infrastructure
in Fallujah

3. Wishes to express its sympathy and solidarity with all people of good
will in that city who are now faced with rebuilding it

and therefore

4. Instructs the Chief Executive to investigate the possibility of
forming a Friendship Link with Fallujah and to report back to Full
Council in two months time

5. Instructs the Chief Executive to send a copy of this motion to the
Prime Minister and Sheffield MPs