[Project-fallujah] Motion to Council WAS Re: [sheffield-anti-war-coalition] The White Rose

2 % Human adam at diamat.org.uk
Mon Nov 22 15:21:36 GMT 2004

Hi,

(Motion to go to Council 01/12/04)

> cuthbert says:
> "All a resolution can do is spell out how hypocritical the libdems and labour are or it can be anti-american by saying something about the humanitarian situation in fallujah."
>
> John:
> I agree with that, except that something said about the humanitarian situation in fallujah, has little to do with being anti-American or not.

I agree that the motion has nothing to do with being anti-american. It
has nothing really to do with being anti-labour / tory / lib dem either
although I can understand how this could be construed from my childish
angry out-burst on the fallujah list on saturday, viz:
http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/project-fallujah/2004-November/000045.html,
for which I apologise. ( The more I read / see about Fallujah; the more
difficult it is to remain composed ).

> [ John to Cuthbert ] I could go on arguing about this [ pacifism ] but there's no point in arguing with people who are blinded by the culture of violence ...

I think there's every point John, and I, for one, am glad that you do.

> ... so much that they think that war is natural and so think that a punctuation between wars is peace.

The film *Truce* based on Primo Levi's [1] book of the same name brought
this point home for me.

> Wars are NOT inevitable but they have a cause,  and as you know, these are often deliberately set up ...

Wars are man-made.

> ... so falling into the trap of using violence is exactly what they want us to do, to continue having their wars.

I think we should argue for peace always.

--
2 %

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primo_Levi