[Project-fallujah] BBC Radio Sheffield Interview 17:30 Today : Jillian Creasy

2 % Human adam at diamat.org.uk
Wed Nov 24 16:05:19 GMT 2004

Hi,

The Labour Group have decided that they won't be supporting Jillian's
motion and have apparently issued a press release to the local media,
which states this ?

As a result, Jillian has been invited to talk on this issue on BBC Radio
Sheffield later today.

Please find below the final draft of the motion that is to go to Council
on Wednesday 01/12/04:

NOTICE OF MOTION RE FRIENDSHIP LINK WITH FALLUJAH
Proposed by Cllr Jillian Creasy

This council

1. Deplores all acts of aggression and terrorism;

2. Notes the loss of civilian life and destruction of the infrastructure
in Fallujah;

3. Wishes to express its sympathy and solidarity with all people of good
will in that city who are now faced with rebuilding it.

This council therefore

4. Requests the Chief Executive to investigate the possibility of
forming a Friendship Link with Fallujah and to report back to Full
Council in two months' time;

5. Requests the Chief Executive to send a copy of this motion to the
Prime Minister and Sheffield MPs.

I intend to update the lists later today with other feedback that I
received.

--
2 %