[Reclaimmayday] posters and report from me

libjf at riseup.net libjf at riseup.net
Mon Apr 19 23:42:53 UTC 2010

hi all,

I won't be able to come to the meeting on Wednesday as I'll be playing
football, but here is a little report back from me.

Posters promoting the event are made (please see attached) If you want me
to get hard copies to you email me ASAP and I can do it but I need to know
soon please :)

I think BCB will most likely come and report on the event, Northern
Indymedia definately will.

I've asked BCB Radio, Yorkshire CND, AFed, Kala Sangam and Commonweal
storytellers if they'd like to have a stall. No replies yet.

I've also asked Kala Sangam if anyone from their organisation wants to
perform and my friend knows some Ukranian singers and dancers who might
want to come too, so I hope that works out! Will obviously email as soon
as I have more info.

On the feminist speakers side of things our friend Jane is going to get
her 2 friends to speak about women and working and in particular i think
Zimbabwe and Trade Unions and women.

Myself, and 3 others are going to come as the Haymarket Martyrs! YEAH!
Which will be great.

Unfortunately I have completely failed to get a samba band, they are all
either busy or defunct as far as I am aware. But if I think of anymore
I'll try them.

Cool! The only other thing I did was a mail out to housing coops in the
north with posters and flyers encouraging them to attend and help us
spread the word. But I think we could do with hitting some groups which
aren't made up of a white majority if possible. If anyone is good at
distributing posters in public-y places I'd appreciate some help on that
one!!!

Will keep updating via email, sorry for the lack of confirmed things, I'm
still really excited about it!!!

Jen