[Reclaimmayday] Workshops and Activities / Risk Assessment

protag protag at aktivix.org
Wed Apr 4 15:07:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:46:24 +0100, Jules <anarchista at riseup.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just trying to pull together a rough idea of what activities and
> workshops might be going on throughout the day.
>
> So far I have:-
>
> Raffle draw
> History of May Day walkthrough
> Kids activities (possibly x2)
> ArtFarmers May Day happenings
> Juggling workshop
>
> Possibly also bingo, monopoly, yoga and a blacksmithing demo in the
> pipeline.
>
> Can anybody think of anything else that might need scheduling in?
>
> TIA
>
> Jules x

Hi Jules

Thanks for keeping the pressure on. Our April 1st publicity blitz hasn't
happened yet. If I can get as much detail as poss about activities,
artistes, stallholders and sponsors I'll try and do an update promo leaflet
tomorrow morning (last chance to get to the colour copier before next
Thursday).

Later on we (by which I mean someone else) could develop this into the
programme I heard someone mention :)

Paul - Risk Assessment thanks for doing this.

Obvs we need to fill in some blanks.

Last thing first, I already sent an Audio/PA risk assessment to JD to put
in the pack, it covers the same ground as yours, but in a little more
detail and with lower thresholds (I wouldn't want to be near 140dB for very
long!).

Marquees - the ones coming from the 1in12 Club won't be erected by
professionals. Might need to reword that section slightly. We are
experienced and had a training day a couple of weeks ago to make sure we
know how to put up and take down safely.
The fire cert is here: http://www.galatent.co.uk/pdf/FireCert2006.pdf

Can't speak for the Uni marquees but, being a bureacratic institution (and
I don't mean that insultingly) I expect all their papers are in order - Ed?

Cheers

protag