[Reclaimmayday] Maypole dancing

protag protag at aktivix.org
Sat Apr 14 18:47:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 10:32:02 -0700, theinnercityhippy at riseup.net wrote:

> In terms of maypole music, there are quite a few acoustic or quiet acts
on
> early on plus an overlap for swpping musicians between sets. If we time
it
> right, we could set up some more speakers near to the maypole (ptg-is
this
> possible?) and catch the silence as I agree it would be good to amplify.
> somewhere between half 1 and 2 would be a good bet?
>
> JD

Hi

I like both ideas:

<b> another location with its own sound system
<a> A big dance in front of one of the stages

I'd thought of having a buskers stage on the Belvedere where an MC could
co-ordinate the maypole dancing from, and where we could also provide a
platform for buskers, poets and political ranters.

That would be dependent on either episodes of overlapping silence from the
bigger stages or else performers playing at family-friendly volumes.

In fact, even if we opt for <a> and re-jig the running order to
accomodate, I still think a third vocal-rig stage would be worth having.

I'm more or less resigned to arriving on Friday and setting up, to get all
this working in time. But I need to be away from 6.00 till about 1.00 to do
No Hands so if anyone fancies sitting in a tent with a kettle, a radio and
some big piles of speakers for a few hours that would be helpful.

Cheers

protag