[Reclaimmayday] Banners/Decoration

protag protag at aktivix.org
Mon Apr 16 15:36:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:16:20 +0100, Lukas Hornby <lukas.hornby at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The Print Collective of the 1in12 Club has offered to make some
> hand-printed posters to display key bits of info for the festival site.
Any
> ideas on what we need to say?
>
> In addition it would be nice to spend a day making decoration/bunting
for
> the site. Who would be available *this Friday *to do that.
>
> I can make the 1in12 available all day and open the cafe/bar for
> refreshments (not for free obviously)
>
> If anyone wants to bring food to warm/make then we can do so provided we
> make a small contribution for energy costs.
>
> Cheers, Lukas

Hi

I'm unlikely to make this banner making event. But it does occur to me
that this could be a good moment to get the local paper involved. They seem
to me to be massively more interested in doing stories when they can take
some pictures - they don't seem to want to use anyone else's. So this sound
likes something where they could send their snapper along to capture some
community-arty type goings-on to hang whole Mayday story off.

Having said which, I'm kinda wrapped up with the sound tech aspect of this
thing and won't be calling the local rag myself. Just kinda putting the
thought out there...

Cheers

ptg

p.s. gig on Friday evening at club so, obvs, need to clear the gig floor
by 6.00