[Reclaimmayday] Coalition involvement in May Day

Jules anarchista at riseup.net
Thu Apr 19 13:33:25 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I know you're all really busy getting stuff sorted for the conference on
Saturday.  I will see most of you then no doubt.

In the meantime, would any member of BPCAC want to get involved a bit
more with May Day (in addition to your info stall).

It would be nice to be able to offer some inter-age appropriate
activities (the young'uns are sorted with the music and the really
young'uns have craft activities and games) but for older people we are a
bit lacking.

We are hoping to organise a jumble sale type event (more along the lines
of a 'free' shop - where all items are free - but this one will probably
be similar to a Bring and Buy sale (guests will be encouraged to bring
their old stuff for donation and then just take what they want from the
stall - donations will be welcome).

So this is an appeal for items, clothing, nick-nacks, books and CDs that
are no longer wanted, or some offer of time to sort the donations on the
day maybe?

We also have access to a bingo machine at the 1in12 club, but so far
nobody has come forward to assist with bingo calling or the like.  Is
there anybody here that would like to be involved?

If you, or your group, are not yet involved in Bradford May Day 2012 and
would like to be, please email reclaimmayday at lists.aktivix.org to let us
know that you'd like to help out.  Your group can be added to the list
of organisations that are supporting May Day, and advertising space /
banner space can be provided.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered,

Jules x