[Reclaimmayday] Flyer info (for Tony mainly but info from JimDog or Lukas re: bands might be useful)

Jules anarchista at riseup.net
Fri Apr 20 16:23:07 UTC 2012

Right, nobody got back to me saying "nooooooo! don't use design 1 for
the logo"  so I'm going to suggest using Design 1 for the logo :P

I have included info on music, activities/events and people involved.
Is there anything I've forgotten?

Heather and I are thinking an A4 piece of paper (folded to a 4 page A5
booklet) so that there is space for us to provide adequate info.

Start time 11.30am
End time 10.00pm
Date 28th April
Location Urban Garden
Title? Bradford May Day 2012

_Media details_

Facebook event page
Email address
Website

A couple of lines about the event something like "Help us celebrate a
day commemorating the struggle for workers rights and remembrance of
those no longer with us.  It's not technically May Day until 1st May but
you'll all be on strike then, as will we :P

To tantalise your tastebuds we have some of the finest foods that
Bradford has to offer available throughout the day; to amaze your
auditory sensors there will be an awesome mix of music  including
reggae, ska, metal, indie, electro, folk, math and more punk than you
ever dreamed possible; and if being tactile and getting hands on is your
thing there are arts and crafts and games galore, not to mention the
eye-opening and mind boggling street theatre and performance art planned
for your amusement.  Also featuring Bingo and a raffle in the cosy
confines of the cafe tent and a bring-and-make-a-donation stall - what
is available there will be up to you"

   (Please - for the love of all things right and proper - somebody
rewrite this car crash)

Might be nice to put in a bit of a description about each band so that
people who have not heard of them before know the genre of music at least.

(Also - and this may be just me but the times seem to be
upside-down...might read better if the earlier ones were at the top? Or
was that intentional to promote the headline acts?)

The Solar Stage

9.00pm Laika Dog
8.00pm Analog Bombs
7.00pm Galaxians
6.15pm Stations
5.15pm Natural Rhythm
4.30pm Javaad Alipoor
3.45pm These Colonies
3.00pm Mike Chater
2.15pm We Wear Togas
1.30pm Giant David
12.45pm Illusory Centre
12.01pm Arcs & Trauma

The Red and Black Stage

8.45pm Zounds
7.45pm Beards
6.45pm Etai Keshiki
6.00pm Jesus and his judgemental father
5.00pm Lazarus Blackstar
4.15pm Lowlife UK
3.30pm Nu Pogodi
2.45pm Endless Rope
2.00pm Joe Tilston
1.15pm The Olive Branch
12.30pm The Drastics
11.45am Sam Jackson on the meaning of MayDay

Activities for All Ages

11.30 - 12.00 Bradford Area Safety Reps March
12.00 - 12.01 Minute silence to remember those workers that have died in
work-related accidents.
12.01 - 12.30 Street theatre at the end of the march
12.30 - 13.15 Yoga demonstration
13.30 - 14.30 Circus skills workshop including hula hoop making
14.30 - 15.30 Rubbish crafting - new and exciting uses for tetra-paks
and drinks cans
15.30 - 16.30 Seed planting - grow your own plants
16.30 - 17.30 Bingo in the Treehousecafe - you might have to shout
'Tent!' instead of 'House!'
17.30 - 18.00 Raffle draw in the Treehouse cafe- did you win?

Additional Events

Gnome-making                         Assist the mad hermit in his quest
to create 1,000 gnomes and send them around the world
May arts and crafts                  Make beautiful decorations and
headgear from seaonal foliage
Facepainting                             What would you like to be? Our
face artists will transform you
Outdoor games                        If the weather is suitably nice
there will be an opportunity to participate in large games involving
parachutes and giant monopoly pieces
Commonweal library                Fancy spending your May Day
celebration in quiet contemplation -  you've probably come to the wrong
place, but if that IS your bag
             there will be books on loan throughout the day.
1in12 Print Collective               Make your own May Day themed
postcard using the Print Collective presses
Maypole dancing                      As is traditional there will be a
Maypole, though thankfully we have managed to get away with not having
any Morris dancers
Mad Hermit Performance art    The mad hermit invites you to his
dwelling, careful though, he might be a little craaaaaaayzeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

(I intentionally inserted a blank table that doesn't need to appear on
the flyer - honest!)

Back_page - list of stalls / organisations involved:-_

Stalls

BPCAC
BIASAN / STAR
Commonweal Library
CND
IWW
Olive Branch: Fair trade shop
Fairgrounds
1in12 Print Collective
West Yorkshire Hunt Sabs
West Yorkshire Anarchist Federation
Mr. Pizza Pieces
Mexican Munch
Bradford Curries
Youth FIght For Jobs
BCEP
Equity
Bradford Pride
Treehouse Cafe
1in12 Club bar
Zapatistas
Bring and Donate stall - like a Bring and Buy stall, but all payments
made are your choice.

Other contributions from:-

1in12 Peasants Collective
ArtFarmers
Woodcraft Folk / DF Sessions
BCB Radio
Bradford Area Safety Reps
Raise the Roof
Yorkshire Solar Sound
Branches Housing Co-operative
The Hive Housing Co-operative
How Do? Magazine
Active Rebellion

I did send a few emails with as many logos from the various places as I
could find.  I don't know if anybody had time to upload them to the
website or not and don't have time to look for them all again now - sorry.