[Reclaimmayday] Marquee

protag protag at aktivix.org
Tue Apr 24 16:35:02 UTC 2012

On 24/04/2012 17:19, anna at phonecoop.coop wrote:
> Just seen this. What we said last night was that we could afford £100
> but not £200. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
>
> Anna

Yes, you're right, that's what was said.

To be fair those were just the two first numbers out of my mouth, to
illustrate a general point. Actually I suspect we can't really afford
anything and might need to do some post-event fund-raising.

But with the weather being a bit marginal I think the arguments for
providing a space to encourage people to stick around and continue
spending money are quite persuasive.

Also, if there's another Menwith Hill sheets-of-hail moment we'd be
faced with losing one of our two stages, and risk damage to a lot of
expensive equipment.

So if I had my moment again I might say "250 but not 500", or maybe "150
but not 300" - what I (personally) really don't want to do is end up
paying £600 as Fair Intents did for their tent.

The tent was offered to us for £150 which is within striking distance,
but no one is available to go to Manchester to collect & return it.

Hey ho :(

ptg