[Reclaimmayday] site plan

protag protag at aktivix.org
Wed Apr 25 10:15:13 UTC 2012

Hi

I've had a re-jig again:

On 25/04/2012 01:29, Jules wrote:

> I had some thoughts on the layout.
>
> Think the maypole will need moving closer to the green stage if that
> is where the musicians want to be for their dancing thing.
Yes, though tricky due to where the grassed areas are, where the stage
has to point (see below) and also the suggestion of using the Belvedere
(busker's stage) for a continuation of those types of activities. Can't
actually see how to make that work with this field.

> Space for another set of 4 toilets + disabled + 1 'backstage' toilet
> needs adding
Well, I didn't go into detail on the toilets, really.

> Could the cafe tent be slightly further away from the beer tent as
> families on the facepalm event were requesting quieter areas to feed
> children / breastfeed
I'd thought the big tent we were talking about could be used as the
alternative dining area, opposite what'll (hopefully) be the quieter
stage. I've rejigged that now and put the three uni gazebos there for
general hanging out, and moved the Piglet tent over towards the Midland
Hotel for quietness. But will need to re-check whether the land there is
flat enough.

Apparently there's a wedding reception on at the Hotel and they (well,
someone) have asked us to aim the stage away from the hotel. So, making
a virtue out of necessity - and adding a touch of spin - let's call this
The Quiet Zone.

> Maybe break the stalls (20 in total) into groups of 5 or six so they
> can be spaced out around the ground a bit more to encourage people to
> go for a wander / look around / make it look bigger
It's tricky as the terrain gets really marginal towards the Yurt. But I
think, in the end, we can decide this when we have the stalls to play
with. I was just trying to give an impression.

> Print Project are bringing 2? presses for postcard printing - they
> will need space next to a stall (and maybe one of the uni gazebos to
> cover them in case of rain?)
I'm sure that's possible.

> The area at the bottom entrance will need marking off for rubbish
> storage and collection (near the gate so they can get their vehicle
> in).  We also need a recycling area near the bar (not in the bar as
> litter pickers will need regular access to deposit cans)
OK, I've put a brown spot there.

> Weather depending, there might be an ice cream van involved (still
> awaiting final confirmation) that will need vehicular access too.
>
> If weather is nice (not wet or too windy) the woodies will be bringing
> a parachute so we need to think of some space where they could have a
> big game going on but that won't be in the way of the stalls or other
> people that aren't involved in the game
I think that'll have to be somewhere over beyond the yurt.

I'd also like to see the Monolpoly game out, but that won't be possible
if there's wind.